Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete idiot seeking assistance on how to create my own faction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete idiot seeking assistance on how to create my own faction.

Okay I've gone far and wide to find help on how to create my own faction. The downloadable guides wouldn't work on my computer. So I've come to you guys. I need you to explain to me like you would a 2 year old on how to create my own faction.

Please note that I have no idea how to make a back up of a file so just tell me EXACTLY what to do.

You can take one of the existing faction files and edit the text and attributes to match that of the faction you want to create, then save it under a different name. I'd walk you through it, but I'm at school right now and I don't have the relevant information with me.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Whenever I save it says " You don't have permission to open this file" So I can't do anything with it.

Comment

Presumably you've tried fACedit, that comes with the game?

Comment

Here is a 3rd party editor ive found it isnt as good as the one that comes with the game IMHO.
          Attached Files

Comment

The Bloody Baro says:
            Whenever I save it says " You don't have permission to open this file" So I can't do anything with it.
            That looks like an administrative lockout in WinNT/2K/XP. You wouldn't happen to be running one of these OS's? If so, you need to get the SysAdmin to loosen your collar and lengthen your leash. If not, ahdunno.
            I also recommend ACEdit, posted above by The_Spartan. It has its irritating moments, but I can correct its mistakes easily enough in Notepad. Now that I'm familiar with the format, though, I hardly ever use ACEdit - I just roll my own .
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
            X