How do you watch the computer play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you watch the computer play?

I am betatesting some custom factions for my upcoming mod, and I want to use the option in the scen editor where you can set the AI play all factions, so you don't do anything and watc hthe results.

I have SMAC v4 patched and when I select ALL from the Select Faction option, if I choose either one of the following two options, I still have to play each faction myself each turn.

I remember someone testing 3 Deidres and 3 Akis or something like that.
    ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
    ... Pain is an illusion...

Hello. if you still didnt find out, heres how it works:

Click on change perspective, then (important) select a faction that is not highlighted, then select the above one (it says dont make any changes). this way you dont control any faction. start next turn (if it doesnt work hit shift+ctrl+F10 first). There you go. have fun!

P.S. some "triggers" dont apply in an all AI match --> the AI plays very different from a normal single player game

Comment

lol, you do know that this is two years too late, don´t you?

Anyway, thanks for that insight. I was about to ask a similar question...
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

ditto
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Its funny though- I never thought to do an AI only sandbox game, and now I just might do it (now that I know how to set it up).

Comment

Working...
          X