High Probe Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Probe Ratings

Are there any issues (i.e. bugs) with setting a custom faction's probe rating to 3? Will a 3 Probe rating prevent infiltration of that faction? Thanks.

Only real bug is that Probe ratings over 4 "roll over" - they are treated as massively negative. If give +++PROBE, you want a way to prevent the AI from running any SE choices that result in +4 or greater PROBE. For starters, don't let the priority for the faction be Probe. Second, don't let them run Fundy.

As to infiltration, I don't know if you can stop it just with PROBE. Mindcontrol yes, but not infiltration.

Comment

Thanks for the warning - I kinda remember reading something about that bug. Yeah, I was going to prevent them from running Fundy but what about Thought Control (doesn't that give bonus Probe too)? I can't stop them from using both SE can I? Are you sure MINDCONTROL prevents infiltration? I thought it only protected your bases and units from mind control. Basically, I want to create a faction that cannot be infiltrated ever.

Comment

Well no, the only way to prevent infiltration is with the Hunter Seeker Algorithm. High probe won't do it.

Comment

By the way. I've heard, and if I remember correctly even tried, that +4 Probe rating makes one immune for Probes despite of the Algorithmic Enchancement. Effectively making a +4 Probe factions pretty much invinsible against Probes. I remember this was considered as a bug. Can someone verify this?
          "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
          - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

You could give the faction PENALTY, Thought Control. It would never run it...

Sorry Yx, I was unclear. You can prevent mindcontrol with the MINDCONTROL, 0 ability. You cannot prevent infiltration.

Comment

Working...
            X