Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario: Breakout from Planet X

Hiya Apolyton,

I put together a small scenario this afternoon which I thought you might like. I'm pasting in the README for the scenario here, and of course, it's included in the download. This is a Stand-Alone 'Microscope' Scenario...see below.

The README
    Breakout: A 'stand-alone' scenario by Smack at Apolyton (alde_baron@yahoo.com)

Welcome to Breakout. This is scenario one of a developing series of stand-alone scenarios. To play, simply choose 'Play Scenario' from your game interface and then select 'Breakout.SC' from this folder. That's it!

Stand-alone:

A stand-alone scenario (SAS) can be played without any extra installation whatsoever.
    This is due to the fact that the SMAC or SMAX interface will examine all files in a scenario folder and use them to supercede any corresponding files in the main game folder. In this case, 'Breakout' is generally set in the Aldebaran universe, and uses the Aldeb game engine. The nice thing is that you don't need to perform any installation at all to play the game in this context.

Scenario Framework: Breakout

This is 'Microscope' game in that years really represent weeks. Thus, no new techs may be discovered. Furthermore victory can only be achieved by completely controlling the scenario objectives, namely the three northernmost Galactic Bases. A total victory would be at Transcend Level, but it can be played on any level you feel comfortable with.

Background: Breakout

Breakout takes place during the early formation of the splinter faction, The United Non-Complicity Front (2256-2299 AD). This is a splinter of the Galactic Faction, for which you might need some history.

In a nutshell, The Galactics represent a second mission from Earth in the 21st century. Unlike the mission to Alpha Centauri, the Second Mission utilized near-lightspeed drives and a vastly more stable colonization platform. Because of the nuances of Near-Lightspeed travel, this mission has experienced about 500 years of development during a mere 150 Earth Years. The majority of these 500 years were spent travelling the local galacitic neighborhood and dropping off colony units at likely planets. The faction eventually came to regard itself as superior to the rest of humanity (if they exist) and hence renamed their species Homo sapiens galacticus, to reflect their interstellar nature. As you will learn in subsequent scenarios, the Galactics also learned that 'We are NOT alone.'

At the opening of the scenario, a small marine detachment of Outlaw probe teams, called Shrouds, has mounted a successful mission to free a Galactic Penal Colony from its inhumane controllers. The mission is part of a larger campaign to take hold of the newly developed Galactic Launch Pad #7 in the north. This would possibly allow the UNF-Outlaws to leave the planet and become a legitimate interstellar faction.

Scenario Objectives: Breakout

The objective of Breakout is to capture the 3 main Galactic bases in the North and at least one diplomat unit. The northernmost base houses the control center for Launch Pad #7, control of which will open one branch of subsequent scenarios (I'm considering a 'send me a winning saved game' to unlock the next scenario).

Any questions you might have may be directed to alde_baron@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

-Smack
    Attached Files
    Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb
Working...
X