Aldebaran Public Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cybergod
    Hey! I seriously thought that this was part of the Network Node's share of graphics (if I can call it so) and there IS a faction which has those base graphics and you'll find it if you look up the only human faction in the zeta set. I never knew it was even remotely related to Aaglo, until he posted the base pics as his on a thread before...
    Hey, no worries . It's just so nice to see that someone has made some serious effort to create something good with my somewhat insignificant help.

Kassiopeia: Yes, I suppose you refer to the faction where Mannerheim was the leader? Apparently that site is no longer available...

And as for a proof, here's the building from a bit different angle (with the help of POV-ray, of course )
    Attached Files
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
      Kassiopeia: Yes, I suppose you refer to the faction where Mannerheim was the leader? Apparently that site is no longer available...
      I know, oh I know.
      Attached Files
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

^ bump ^

Comment

Lol, this thread invokes some old memories... :nice:
          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Does anyone still play Aldebaran?

PS: I recognize that church. But I prefer the Orthodox one on the next hill.
            Last edited by techumseh; July 4, 2003, 04:05.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I did not play Aldebaran yet, but I downloaded it last week. I will probably start playing it soon.

I use the network node mainly for faction downloads.

I also made a couple of my own factions.
              The funniest set was my recreation of the 7 biggest Dutch political parties during the election period last year.

Comment

Techumseh you have actually been here!? They have let you enter the country?
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Wow, I can't believe it's still here!

Heya, I'm Smack, a.k.a. Avenoct, a.k.a. smacksim. I started this thread 2 years ago! Wow. Well, the website is still up, unbelievably (havn't checked in at least 18 months!). It's still mentioned on Firaxis's site as well. It's funny how things like this find a little corner of the web to hang out in....apparently forever.

Hiya to all who remember, and all who for some strange reason come to visit Aldebaran even now. This was a great fun project. I especially miss Kassiopeia and Cybergod. And all the great discussions with Ned, Blake, Tokamak, and Vel. Ah, the good old days.

If anyone wants to know, I went and did go get (nearly) another degree, in Computer Science. I still dream of working for Firaxis, but have made no serious inquiries. Alpha Centauri is still hailed as one of the best strategy games of all time. And for good reason. Cheers! I'll check back here in the next weeks, and might even respond to emails

-Smack
                  Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

The site is down now? where can I get this?
                    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Considering that I've started playing Smac again, I just might update the Aldebaran website. AC is the best game of it's kind, and Aldebaran was a really fun project. I'll be making a new website during the spring/summer. If someone wanted to repost the release on their own site, I could email it to them. The site does work, though not always. With bandwidth restrictions very small, it often get's shut down with just a few visits/downloads. Hopefully I'll find a nice new host soon.

-Smack
                      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Yeah, you should re-activate your Aldebaran project smacksim/Avenoct!
                        I played it a year ago and liked it very much!
                        Lost the files while moving to new PC & want to get new ones!
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

If their are other active Mod makers out here (I though Moding had died). Perhaps you would like to look over and Critique my still in progress IMPACX mod, its got many of the goals of the Snac Mod, slowing down tec progression balancing hyper powered strategies generaly enhancing AI when possible.

I will post a copy here in a new thread on the Creation forum in additon to the one over in the Democracy Game forum.

I will also try to look into Aldabaran and provide any feedback I can their.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Thanx a lot!
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

So how can I obtain Aldabaran? Can someone upload of Zip of it to Apolyton or is it too large? I dont seem to be able to find it at the Net Node is it nolonger their?
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I'll see what I can do. Thankfully I do still have a copy, and the website does seem to work for me, though I lost my own password to maintain it!

I'll try to get it re-uploaded this week. I'm back from a hiking trip tonight.

-Smack

Comment

Working...
                                X