The Legion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legion

This is a faction I've created that is almost a cross between The Hive and the Spartans, which I may or may not use in fiction.

+2 Support
    +1 Morale
    - 2 Economy

The Support and Morale make for some good troops, and if you support with industry-boosting SE choices, than you can pump out troops in no time. The economy suffers due to all this concentration on troops, but isn't overwhelmingly important. If Knowledge is selected, you will be able to research better units, however Power will provide more troops of a slightly lesser standard. when used as AI, Power is an ideology, however there is no anti-ideology for this faction. It's your choice.

The leader's title is either General or Admiral, depending on whether it is aquatic or not (there are a lot of options to work with in this faction, and this is one of them). Use any name you wish. HQ Seawall if aquatic or Command Station if normal (I like the aquatic version, so I didn't really think of a good land HQ name)

Have fun, and if you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them
    "There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and trandscends these boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn nonetheless to the latter."-Academician Prokhor Zakhrov, "Address to the Faculty"

Forgot a few things. First of all tech.

Doctrine Loyalty: Troops are VERY disciplined
    Adaptive Doctrine: Well trained forces able to adapt.

Free Command Centre at every base: Ground Forces very well trained.

I haven't worried about the Datalinks, they aren't too important to the running of the game, so I only included the essentials of the creation.
    "There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and trandscends these boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn nonetheless to the latter."-Academician Prokhor Zakhrov, "Address to the Faculty"

Comment

Hmmm... C'est interesant! I think that they are balanced (-2 ECON conpencates for the influx of the techs, which are not VERY overpowering, and the CC). Haven't you playtested them yet Sealurk? I am more of a hybrid (tendecy to switch to builder at several points) player, not much momentum, especially if it involves immediate conquest as the straight-away option (as this faction - you could manufacture 3 Impact rovers (or squards) fairly early on!
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

I've tested them, but it doesn't really suit my playing style. I prefer research, so the only 'balanced' faction I'll use is the University, or maybe the PK. As a change I'll play as the Pirates, as aquatic factions really rack up the resources and can expand quickly. I prefer quality over quantity, so i go for the research.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk
          I've tested them, but it doesn't really suit my playing style. I prefer research, so the only 'balanced' faction I'll use is the University, or maybe the PK. As a change I'll play as the Pirates, as aquatic factions really rack up the resources and can expand quickly. I prefer quality over quantity, so i go for the research.
          Well, moi's priorities are as follows in their order:

Growth
          Industry
          Effic
          Economy
          Research

The above three most concentrated. I use probe teams a lot but I'd don't really find it a priority to have a high probe rating (easily can be overcome by sending probes on low-risk missions to gain morale).
          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Hmmm....very interesting to play with. I gave them +1 Research because the industry choices didn't compensate enough, and I led technology from the start. I used the original factions with me taking the place of the Spartans and I am now in one giant struggle with the Gaians. We have a treaty at the moment however she declared vendetta on me and stole some technology with probe teams and killed a few formers, and I took over a seabase. Quite boring, just waiting until I build some projects. Works better in thory than it does in the game though.

Comment

Working...
            X