Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about some Believers and Cyborg options

Hi, i have a question.

2) Where I can change Cybernetic Consciousness option about stealing technology when capturing a base (^Can steal technology when capturing a base)? Or can I add this option to other faction?

Help, please...
    Last edited by yachsmit48; December 5, 2010, 05:40.

Look in the faction file (I believe it is Cyborg.txt) in your directory. You should see something near the beginning that looks like "STEALTECH, 0" or such. If you remove this, the Cyborgs would no longer have this option. If you added this to another faction's file in the same way, then that faction would have the ability. Let me know if that is not a sufficient explanation and I or someone else will expand the explanation.

Welcome to Apolyton!
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Thanks for greeting, vyeh! I can't find such word in my cyborg.txt file. All I found is:

#CYBORG
      The Cybernetic Consciousness, The Algorithm, Consciousness, F, 1, Aki Zeta-5, F, -1, 0, 1, 0, 1,
      TECH, Physic, TECH, InfNet, IMPUNITY, Cybernetic, SOCIAL, ++RESEARCH, SOCIAL, ++EFFIC, SOCIAL, -GROWTH
      Future Society, Cybernetic, GROWTH
      Politics, Fundamentalist, nil

What does absence of this mean? That cybernetic doesn't steal tech after capturing bases? Or maybe this option is documented everewhere else?

I found this string at the end of my alphax.txt file (Factions -- Names & personalities):

; TECHSTEAL = Faction steal a tech when it captures a base. Parameter is ignored.

So it is written that parameter is ignored. Maybe TECHSTEAL doesn't work at all?

P.S. I would like to make program, that randomly generate faction's characteristics. And this question intrigues me.

Comment

What it means is that TechSteal is hardcoded into the Cyborg faction, so it can't be removed.

Edit: Answer above is incorrect. See Petek's post below

For other factions, you would add ", TECHSTEAL, 0" to the line containing TECH, SOCIAL to give those factions techsteal ability.
        Last edited by vyeh; December 9, 2010, 15:40. Reason: Noted incorrect answer

Comment

I'd like to offer another explanation for the lack of a TECHSTEAL option in the OP's cyborg.txt. Here's the relevant line in my txt file:

TECH, Physic, TECH, InfNet, IMPUNITY, Cybernetic, SOCIAL, ++RESEARCH, SOCIAL, ++EFFIC, SOCIAL, -GROWTH, TECHSTEAL, 0

I dug around and found that the TECHSTEAL option was missing from the original release, but was added via a patch (TECHSTEAL not working for cyborgs was a known bug in the original release). Perhaps the OP is using an unpatched version, such as the Sold-Out version.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

thanx, now clear for me

Comment

I'm glad we were able to help. By the way, Petek is a moderator of the Alpha Centauri forum at Civilization Fanatics's Forums. However, like me, he keeps an eye on this forum, where we both have been very active for years. Please feel free to ask us any additional questions!

Comment

Working...
              X