New lifeforms for Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lifeforms for Planet

Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alpha Centauri by adding some fresh life !

Toxoactinia

A kind of super Mindworm, with a nasty bulging 'head' housing a malevolous mind, high mobility and great punch, available from the discovery of Retroviral Engineering:

Biogeotropo

A sort of biomechanical high-mobility super former, available since Centauri Genetics:

The AI understands them correctly and uses them. As a matter of fact the AI faction leaders will throw Toxoactiniae by lots on you, as Miriam demonstrates:

To install this mod, first make a safety copy of the units.pcx file. Then unzip the .zip below into your Alpha Centauri root directory.

To make them work you must add these two lines in the alphax.txt file, at the end of the #UNITS list (check the tags for spelling, maybe different in english versions):

Toxoactinia, Infantry, Psi, Psi, 1, 9, 0, Viral, 7, 00010100000000010000000000
    Biogeotropo, Infantry, Former, Psi, 9, 6, 0, CentGen, 8, 00000000000010010000000001

Don't forget to add 2 to the number under #UNITS , so if v.g. it was 23, now it must be 23+2= 25.

Optionally you can also add this to the helpx.txt file (for the flavour):

Code:
    #UNITDESC23
    ^   The nightmarish end result of a disastrous teratogen experiment by Doctor Zakharov, the {Toxoactinia} is a sort of hybrid mutant midway amongst a Chiron Midworm and a terrestrial scyphozoa. This dreadful creature is armed with batteries of nematocysts shooting stinging neurotoxic filaments of great lethality. Its harrowing presence also doubles its police capacity when in a base.
    ^
    ^   Deadly and with high mobility, Toxoactiniae are the bioweapon of choice for the unscrupulous faction leaders.

#UNITDESC24
    ^   {Biogeotropos} are artificial biomechanical creatures, developed in the University's biolabs by applying genetic engineering and cybernetic bioenhancements into the chironian native Spore Launchers.
    ^
    ^   The outcome is an excellent fungicide super former of high mobility, with some degree of Psi self-protection ability.
    Attached Files
    “They preachers dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live” - Jefferson

Wow.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Excelent work! Nice to see new life to the modding scene!

** EDIT **

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
      I want to gloat off-topic that I just this second saw that I've made Prince. Bow! Bow to me!

LOL!
      Last edited by PMonkey; April 27, 2009, 15:59.

Comment

I want to gloat off-topic that I just this second saw that I've made Prince. Bow! Bow to me!
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Ah! i noticed an error, you must put "FORMERS" not Former in the Source Code
          for Biogeotropo. The correct Code line should be:

Biogeotropo, Infantry, Formers, Psi, 9, 6, 0, CentGen, 8, 00000000000010010000000001

Regardless, VERY EXCELLENT!!! Thank you man, it was a sweet add on, and gave me a few ideas.

Comment

Wow, this is pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to trying these guys out!

Comment

Hmm, Nerve Gas doesn't appear to work for native units. So unfortunately Toxoactinia doesn't work properly.

Comment

Thanks a mill for this, always good to make native life more of a pest!

Comment

Working...
                X