Scenario Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Idea

I have an idea for a scenario if someone *cough - Darsnan* wants to make one. Through some sort of weird psych experiment with planet, one of the factions has generated a strange psychic EMP and pulse with over all of Planet. What has this caused? Well I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure all the factions have lost most of their technology and most people's memories have been partially wiped. Perhaps most facilites still work, but the factions cannot rebuild any. Maybe there was a war with a momentum faction closing in on a up built faction and now there is a wall of worms in between their units and perhaps surrounding most cities and the city defenses will be overrun! Planet Mind might have amnesia too.

Re: Scenario Idea

Originally posted by Darrell01
    I have an idea for a scenario: Through some sort of weird psych experiment with planet, one of the factions has generated a strange psychic EMP and pulse with over all of Planet. What has this caused? Well I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure all the factions have lost most of their technology and most people's memories have been partially wiped. Perhaps most facilites still work, but the factions cannot rebuild any.
    Hi Darrell01,

to answer your question: "yes this scenario could be built, but..."

So, for building the scenario there is a screen in the Scenario Editor where you can specify no CPs, no terraforming, no tech advances/ trading (and therefore by default no facilities can be built other than what is already available to the Faction), no SPs can be built, and no Planetary Councils. This would then leave the Factions in a state of paralysis where no weapon/ defense advances would be available, either, so depending on where in the tech tree you chose to start this game, then the Factions would all be restricted to this level of weaponry and defenses. Momentum Factions such as the Believers and Hive would be dominant, I believe. Gaians and Cult might do well, too, as they could amass NL armies which other Factions might have a hard time countering.

Originally posted by Darrell01
    Maybe there was a war with a momentum faction closing in on a up built faction and now there is a wall of worms in between their units and perhaps surrounding most cities and the city defenses will be overrun!
    Now for the "but...." part: what your describing here is actually a lot of work, both in the setup as well as the balancing of the scenario. It would take a lot of work to build the cities, build the terraforming, and plant fungus and NL around the cities. It would take even more work to balance everything just right so that the base defenders would have a chance to succeed in defending their domains against these proposed NL armies (i.e. to make it interesting for the player). I personally have had little success in building scenarios with advanced starts, perhaps because of the iterative playtesting style that I employ.

I guess I should also ask what are you driving at as far as a theme for this scenario, and what is the point of it if you cannot advance the state of your Faction? Maybe your answers would help me understand better what avenue your trying to pursue here, and I might be able to give some good feedback as far as some possible options here. Right now I'm sorta thinking this might be a good OCC idea, maybe having the Pirates (i.e. the only Faction who could actually make contact with all the seperated landlubber Factions) act as a sort of Viking Raider. Or perhaps a Cultist OCC (I'd actually started then discarded one I'd called "The Handmaiden of Planet"where you try to assist a Gaian AI Faction to planetary dominance) .
    Anyways, when you get the chance if you can give some feedback to my questions, then maybe I can get a clearer picture and perhaps give better answers/ feedback.

D

Comment

Well the idea is that there might be some sort of base buildup already with a couple superior units around and say there are some hybrid farms built or something, but the tech is really close to the starting techs. I never thought that the tech tree could not be advanced, just some bonus facilities. Maybe there are one or two cities in a mineral poor area that have punishment spheres.

I don't build scenarios, so I don't think I'd be good at it. I did make a earth map once, but someone built a better one, so I took that.

Comment

Working...
      X