No announcement yet.

Finally figured out how to do Xenocide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally figured out how to do Xenocide!

I think so anyway. Here's how I plan to implement it.
    First you have to get a certain number of former points, which is done by clearing fungus and planting forests, with points being lost because of fungus growth and forest loss. Then there is an option on the menu called "Commence Operation: Xenocide that requires two things: A certain number of former points, and the Eden Initiation Sequence secret project to be completed.

What do you think?
    KONG was here.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking about a new feature? Like planting fungus?

Comment

For a while I've been trying to figure out how to add a Terraforming Victory to the game. It involved generating former points by planting forests and removing fungus, then completing a secret project. Once done, Chiron is turned into a more Earthlike planet, and the Planetmind is killed. For this reason, it is called Xenocide. The biggest problem I have had was figuring out how to make the secret project dependant on former points. How I intend to solve this is displayed in my previous post. What do you think?
      KONG was here.

Comment

Intriguing idea, though I'm not sure about it being a "victory" condition as it doesn't really resolve anything politically.

Aside from that, I might also recommend (if possible) it requiring either a PLANET thresh-hold - either really low (actively uncaring) or really high (awesome at dealing with Planet's ecology).

Comment

At first it may seem like it doesn't fit as victory, but look at it this way. Say you are playing the AXIS faction. What other victory condition fits them best? Military Maybe, but is that the only one? Economic would not be a part of their goals, and obviously neither would Transcendance. Diplomatic might work, but what I'm thinking is a way to make a victory customm to not just Axis but to the Former Factions.

In attempting to win the Xenocide Victory, you will face great opposition from the eco-factions like Gaians, Cult, and Bree, because you are trying actively to kill the planet mind. The ultimate result is something many former factions would go for as well: An Earthlike Utopia. In seeking the Xenocide Victory, you polarize the factions between the Xeno-Friendly and the Anti-Xeno. If you win, they can't achieve their goal of unity with Planetmind if there is no Planetmind to seek unity with. If they achieve Transcendance, they are beyond your ability to defeat them. See my point?
          KONG was here.

Comment

Working...
          X