[C4:AC] MOD base v0.207 (download)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [C4:AC] MOD base v0.207 (download)

Here is the first version of the C4:AC Project that I consider a viable base to continue working on. My main focus has been to try to recreate the SMAC/X atmosphere and while this version should be playable it offers no real gameplay value.

I've tried to preserve the default Civ4 file structure and reference structure. This should hopefully make it easier for modders to implement new features, factions, graphics, etc.

The main changes are:

- New interface graphics

- New terrain graphics

- New technology tree

Download here: C4:AC Project v0.207 MOD base

NOTE: A SMAC/X installation or SMAC/X CD is required to enable the SMAC/X sounds. Please follow the instructions in the included README.txt file.

This is a work in progress; nothing is finished. The v0.207 is primarily xml changes with a few python changes.

Updated abridged base MOD to-do list:
    2nd December 2006

Basic general modding:
    - Basic terrain grid textures
    - Icon graphics
    - Flag graphics
    - Main Menu globe texture
    - Plotyield graphics

Advanced general modding:
    - Diplomacy dialogues
    - F-Screen interfaces
    - Faction color palettes
    - Font/Interface color palette
    - "Civilopedia" interface

Basic XML modding:
    - GameText entries
    - Sound entries
    - (translation?)

Advanced XML modding:
    - Initial faction and leader balancing
    - Unit implementation and initial balancing
    - Building and Secret Project implementation and initial balancing

Miscellaneous:
    - Installation instructions

Known issues:
    2nd December 2006

- "Worker huts" on worked tiles do not align correctly
    - Tier 1 technologies in F6 screen sometimes do not update box color correctly
    Last edited by Illuminatus; December 10, 2006, 08:58.

Could you put the sounds in the MOD since I took mine off.
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Looks good; There seems to be a good base to build on thanks to your work.

The initial things I saw where the Setup and name city text keys not working properly and when I toggeled the grid on the AC colors disapeared and regular C4 colors appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by ForesterSOF
        Could you put the sounds in the MOD since I took mine off.
        I think that could be considered copyright infriction. (spelling?)

... and when I toggeled the grid on the AC colors disapeared and regular C4 colors appeared.
        That's as easily fixed as to rename the AC-color terrain .dds files to the grid .dds files.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Would me taking the sound files from the disk or a new install of it and putting them in the C4ac mod/sound file solve this.

Comment

Would me taking the sound files from the disk or a new install of it and putting them in the C4ac mod/sound file solve this.
            Yes, it should work in both cases.

It may be that the brief README I wrote is incomprehensible. ForesterSOF, could you let me know if you manage to enable the SMAC/X sounds?

Comment

Just downloaded the mod and I´ve got to say that it looks awesome! I can only imagine how good it will look and feel once all the pieces are assembled.

Huuge pat on the back and well done to Rubin and everyone else who made the project come this far!
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

putting the voices from the cd into the C4ac folder as the readme says gives me nothing.

tryed putting them in the sounds area with no folder of its own, in a voices folder and a C4ac folder and no voices or tech descriptions.

All I hear is the intro, background music and the crawlers.

Made a C4ac folder in C4ac/Assets/C4ac and put all sounds there and got the sailing sound for Doc Mobility.

No other sounds.

I used to be able to click on an xml and IE would show me what is in it but now it is talking about xsl format and cant read it.

I am trying to open the xml audio that you edited and got it with notepad.

Comment

We need the SVN revisited.

I have some changes made to XML and SDK:

Map Generator:

Fungus galore. Okay I just convert all forest to fungus. That means no forest. (Python)
                  The start point upgrader is much not nicer - it no longer removes all the fungus (only half of it) and it's generally stingy. (SDK)

Stuff:
                  You can plant Forests. (XML and SDK)
                  Bases start out with a cultural radius of 3 instead of 1.

Half Working Stuff:
                  Pollution. It is generated by improvements and cities, it's sucked up by features. It spreads out. No harmful effect yet. A lot of stuff is defined in XML now but not all.
                  Promotions. You pay money for them. No longer linked to exp. Sort of works.
                  SE Society stuff. I'm still deciding the very best way to do this... at the moment I'm leaning towards a not entirely flexible system which will have XML defines like "PLANET_PSI_BONUS", rather than attaching a PSI modifier to the Planet society (the reason for doing it this way is the effects of societies are so damn diverse...).

Anyway once we have organized how to make use of the sourceforge SVN I'll start comitting them changes, I'll try and upload what I've done so far - ie the new DLL with the new XML tags and stuff.

Comment

ForesterSOF, creating a C4AC folder in the Assets folder and copying the SMAC voices and fx folders in it helps for me.

It seems you created a C4AC folder in the mod folder instead of in the assets folder from the root.

Nice overall feel to it, with still alot of minor errors. At least one tech icon (Planetary Networks I believe) doesn't show in the GUI's tech list on top of the screen when a player can select a new research, but gives a Civ4 tech icon. The one meant to show does show in any other list and the F6 screen.
                    I suppose only for the first dozen or so techs the audio is linked by XML? Because if you continue to research there's always the same sound popup when a new tech is discovered.
                    Also, after the first few dozens of tech the tech tree has a huge spot without techs. I suppose these still need to be moved proper later on.
                    Nice touch on the recoloring of the "upgraded" units. It does give a distinction on what the unit is capable off. Of course, the synth garrison doesn't look to healthy with a completely blue face.
                    Last edited by GeoModder; December 2, 2006, 04:29.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

GeoModder:

Planetary Networks grants a religion and the tech icon is replaced by default. Remove the religion and the icon is correct.

Only the tier 1 technologies have SMAC/X audio references implemented.

The technology tree setup in the F6 screen is not complete.

---

I am still working on the to-do list as well as a "known issues" list (see 1st post).

I hope someone can do a set of "easy to understand" installation instructions.

Comment

Guess I need to learn to stop posting the obvious.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Really love the work so far, I'd been checking out the sourceforge SVN version and hadn't realised how fast things seem to be happening.

Comment

I have tried a Crac folder almost everywhere and still no go.

I wonder if it needs a driver from the SMAC disk of something.

Comment

Works fine for me. Make sure the new folder is called C4AC.

Incidentally the new folder can also be made in the Mods\C4AC\Assets folder. (e.g. you'll copy the 2 SMAC sounds folders to Mods\C4AC\Assets\C4AC\fx and Mods\C4AC\Assets\C4AC\voices ).

edit:

In future versions I would suggest renaming the C4AC folder to the Sounds folder in the AudioDefines.xml, then the instructions would be a bit simpler... e.g.

Code:
                              Copy the "fx" and "voices" folders from 

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" 

to

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\C4AC\Assets\Sounds"
                              doesn't involve making any new folders then, and keeps everything contained in the mod folder.
                              Last edited by Kable; December 3, 2006, 15:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X