Terraforming Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Victory

I was looking at the various terraforming factions and realised something- There was no way in this game to achieve their stated goal: To turn Chiron into an Earthlike Planet. There are two miltiary victories, an economic victory, a dipolatic one, a transcendance victory, a Proginator victory but no terraforming victory. So I was thinking of adding one. Only thing is, I don't know how this might be accomplished. The basic idea is to kill the planet mind, but how is this done. Through completing a secret project? Through destroying enough of the fungus? I'm open to ideas.
    KONG was here.

I'd say that wiping up most of the fungus, planting enough forests, and completing a secret project should do it...
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Destroying the fungus would be a condition if the objective was to kill the planetmind. A terraforming victory would mean that Planet is finnaly habitable; I think a variable that was added one point for every forest every year would do. By the way, do these work?

Code:
      #SCENVICTORY
      #xs 420
      #caption Scenario Victory Conditions
      #itemlist
      Objective Units must reach friendly objective base.
      Objective Units must reach friendly HQ base.
      All artifacts are objective units.
      Secret Projects count as objectives.
      All bases count as objectives.
      All terrain enhancements count as objectives.
      Base facilities as objectives.
      Each square of territory counts as objective.
      Each energy credit counts as objective.
      Each population unit counts as objective.
      Each technology counts as objective.
      Solo Mission: only human player victory/defeat.
      Highest Alpha Centauri Score wins.
      On a related topic, does anyone know any effect to the "null" proposal in alpha.txt? It does work, but apparenty does nothing. So far, I've only used it for comical purposes.

Comment

Thing is, a lot of the fungus would be on enemy squares,and it would take a long time to clear the fungus with ordinary formers. One thing that can help is the Fungicide Missile, which preforms the Remove Fungus former action, only not just on one square, but on all surrounding. Also, an Orbital Attack System sattelitle can be built, which you can load any number of missiles already built into and the launch to any where on the map at once. This is especially useful for terraforming victory, since it will allow you to bypass enemy borders without missiles beign destroyed. Thing is once you have loaded and then launched a set of missiles, you must wait a number of turns. Question is, how long is fitting?
        KONG was here.

Comment

Working...
        X