map: ax60806 avg avg mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map: ax60806 avg avg mod

This is a giant custom size map (256 x 208) I made for my solo play many months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed. I put some finishing touches on it to share it here. I hope you have fun on it, too. Two important things, though: no promises, no apologies.
    Attached Files
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Re: map: ax60806 avg avg mod

I love Huge maps, but thats a little big for me!

Originally posted by gwillybj
    This is a giant custom size map (256 x 208) I made for my solo play many months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed. I put some finishing touches on it to share it here.
    What were some of the thoughts when you were developing this? I like some of the isthmus areas, as these can then lead to some really good battles.

I liked the one really large lake (or the "enclosed ocean"): I changed it to a freshwater sea. I also thought about adding some sea monoliths to cultivate the naval aspects of the game.
    The only other thought I had (which I typically keep in mind when developing maps) is to add some long interlinked lines of fungus, which essentially serve as "fungal highways" for Green Factions.

D

Comment

The major thing was to make the program spread out the factions at the start. There are plenty of fair-to-good-to-better landing sites. Of course, it doesn't always result in parity of resources and the best expansion opportunities, but: Oh, well; look at Earth. No parity here, either. Lots of "poor starts", yet the civilizations continued, and continue, on. Play the game anyway; think and beat the challenge.
      You should have found a large Freshwater Sea down at the lower right corner, centered more or less at (492,200). My idea is trapped runoff from the melting of a southern polar glacier.
      IIRC, the majority of the fungus is interlinked, but I know there will be some cutoff sections. The program sometimes likes to pop a lot of fungus from the pods. Don't know why.
      The isthmi can be a real headache when it comes time for an all-out war, since you have to watch several crossings at a time.
      Lots of fun to be had on this map. Another in the works, but it takes a while to get everything set on a map this size

SPOILER: If you superimpose a 4-by-4 grid over the map, you will find one Landmark somewhere in each of the 16 sections of the grid. Sometimes two landmarks will be not too far apart, other times a landmark will be fairly far off on its own.
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
      X