No announcement yet.

[C4:AC][Programming] Tech Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In looking at the xml quote area i thingk I may want to change the tag to QUOTE not QUOTES
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

ForesterSOF, the tag is "TXT_KEY_TECH_tech name_QUOTE"; without the S in the end.

Comment

k

Comment

Test Version 02

Here's a new version of the technology MOD. It addresses:

1) A new F6 screen background.
          2) Icons for all the technologies.
          3) A modified TechInfo file to include the new icon graphics.

SMACX Technologies 02

I am not all that excited about the look of the icons and I guess some detail work is required to get them "just right" (smooth edges, less blurred Alien Crossfire icons, etc.). Perhaps I just spent too much time already on that part of the graphics; I don't know.

All icons--even the unused ones--have been converted and I added a new Biogenetics icon (the original can be found as a dds conversion in the MOD folder--just swap the names if you want the original back.)

I have discovered some "naming" issues and unless we are in a hurry to get the project done; I would feel better about getting this fixed. It is a minor detail that can be left as it is.

For testers: I "may" have messed up the technology categories on the icons; e.g. the technology is displayed in red even though it belongs in the build category. Look out for missing icons, quotes, etc.--even technologies!

Feedback on the visual side of things would be much appreciated. I'll gladly redo the whole style if we find that it needs improvement. However, this early in the project I'd keep the icons until further graphical/display issues have been dealt with.

Finally, I need more upload space here at Apolyton, so I am slowly starting to delete older screenshots, MOD versions, etc. Also, obsolete attachments will be deleted.

Comment

the only problems I saw in my glance were the small ones that the asthetics department/Beta Testers can talk about

Comment

Here is another one for you Rubin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, ForesterSOF. The game complains about a line in the xml; I'll look into it.

Edit: There is an extra [TEXT] tag in line 13984. Delete it and the file works perfectly.
                Last edited by Rubin; May 5, 2006, 11:31.

Comment

Where did everybody go? Let's get this tech tree checked in.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X