[C4:AC][ALL] Unofficial Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [C4:AC][ALL] Unofficial Toolkit

I have put together an unofficial modder's toolkit containing nearly everything you need to edit the files included with both Civ4 and SMAC(X). There are a few glaring ommisions and a few other useful tools will be added as soon as they are finished/found.

The link to the toolkit can be found in my Sig.

The list of tools and their uses are best described in the included Readme file:

This pack contains (in no particular order):

#Scintilla Text Editor (SciTE) - can edit .py/.pyc(sort of)/.xml/.ini/.txt/numerous other text files.

#The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) - can edit .pcx/.tga/.png/.flc/.bmp/numerous other graphics files.

#GTK+ 2.6/2.8 - required to run the GIMP on Windows (2.6 for Win98/ME/NT4 - 2.8 for Win2K/XP).

#GIMP PSPI - Photoshop Plugin interface, allows the use of PS plugins in the GIMP.

#Scanlines - Photoshop plugin that allows you to add SMAC style scanlines to the graphics.

#GIMP DDS - GIMP plugin that allows you to edit .dds files.

#GIMP help files - WYSIWYG

#GIMP GAP - GIMP animation platform, allows GIMP to create complex animations.

#CVRPlay - CAViAR player, standalone application for viewing (not editting) .cvr files.

#Nifskope - Standalone .nif viewer, can open (and edit the text element of) .nif/.kf (but not .kfm).

#Blender - 3D graphics editor

#Blender NIF plugin - allows Blender to edit the graphics element of .nif files.

#Audacity - Audio editor that can open almost any sounds.

#Pakbuild - Pakfile builder, allows the contents of .fpk files to be examined, as well as repacked.

#LAME codec - plugin for Audacity, allows it to encode mp3 files (playback available without plugin).

#RADTools - Codecs for Bink and Smacker Video to allow .bik files to be viewed in Windows, and .avi files to be compressed to .bik files.

#MilesT32 - Codecs for Miles Sound system.

#SMAC(X) Tech Tree - PDF file with both tech trees + complete facilities list + complete projects list + combat modifiers tabel (including bonuses from facilities/projects).
    Donations to add to the completeness of this pack will be welcome.
    Last edited by MMC; April 20, 2006, 08:59.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

ACS can mirror it. Try submitting them to the directory.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

hmm

How big is this???

I think it might be better to leave The Gimp (also GTK) and Blender out of this package. Make it more of an "extra tools / plugins" package instead to be installed after The Gimp and/or Blender are installed.
      no sig

Comment

It's 55.3MB all told, and even though I've split it into 10Mb chunks, all 6 chunks are required to open just one. So unless I can include the linking page (c4ac.html), and get that all working, then I don't think uploading to ACS is entirely practical. If Markos wants to accept the upload and sort it out himself, I'll do it, but otherwise I think it's ok where it is (with 50Gb/month transfer :P).

As for including the GIMP, GTK+ and Blender, I felt these should be inluded for the sake of completeness, since it ensures people have versions of each that are confirmed to work alongside each other.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

MMC,
          Can you torrent it? Or put it up on yousendit.com?
          Come visit the SMAC Mod
          You can download the latest mod by
          http://code.google.com/p/civ4smac/
          Fan of the original SMAC? join us and help

Comment

I might be able to torrent it... but I make no promises.

Comment

I have now added a great tool - as created by Nethog:

#SMAC(X) Tech Tree - PDF file with both tech trees + complete facilities list + complete projects list + combat modifiers tabel (including bonuses from facilities/projects)

Comment

Torrent now available (only when I am online - until someone else starts seeding):

Comment

Working...
                X