Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C4:AC IRC chat - Members strongly requested. All welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4:AC IRC chat - Members strongly requested. All welcome.

I'd been meaning to do this a while ago, but better late than never. I think it would be productive to hold a scheduled IRC chat. Some things are just better discussed in real time.

There is no agenda or topic for discussion at the moment, but this would be the appropriate thread for suggesting them. Can I emphasise that this will be at least as much social and introductory as anything else as it'll be the first time many of us have interacted. Hence, all welcome.

The provisional time was 8pm GMT next sunday. If most people can't make that then we'll work something else out.

If you've never used IRC before then help will be provided closer to time.

How does this sound?

Due to my schedule Could you give some sort of log or summary in a thread.
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Well... this thread has had 50 views and a distinct lack of replies. Same as the rest of the board really. Perhaps December is a bad month.

The scheduled chat is still on and I'm hoping theres a huge silent mass of people about to appear this evening

Comment

Uhm, I'm here. Am I too early / too late for the chat ?
        no sig

Comment

Perhaps December is a bad month.
          It is indeed - many people wrap up things before holidays and next year.
          However in two sundays I might be available.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I think it is for this Sunday.

For safety I am logging in every Sunday at 20:00 UTC.

Comment

Today is monday
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

It doesn't help that I lost internet access for most of Sunday and so couldn't even turn up to the chat I organised. "Ongoing repairs" they say.

Did anyone notice? :/ I didn't particularly get the impression anyone was listening.

Comment

Sigh. That are two failed chats. Let's attempt to schedule another one that will be successful.
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Every Sunday at 8pm UTC someone makes a C4AC room and we take it from there.

Maybe we should place a moderator for the chat so it is structured and a log is made and posted.

Comment

Hmm, I keep missing it.

Acually, having instructions would be handy. Having never used IRC before myself.

I can connect to Apolyton's Chat via the instructions on the Chat page, but how do I create a C4AC room, or how do I see it to enter?
                      Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

The chat page also tells you how to set up to use IRC
                        Last edited by ForesterSOF; December 14, 2005, 10:03.

Comment

The Chat Room is a registered channel.
                          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Okay, There's a special room that these chats take place in. I did hear about it but I forgot what it was. I just talked to snoopy369 in the Chat room and he helped me.

We have to log on to the '#c4ac' apolyton channel. I was waiting in the normal chat room. That's why I missed it. I am an idiot.

Comment

I'm just going to log onto the channel right now and maybe pick up a conversation or two until the next chat session is scheduled.

Comment

Working...
                              X