No announcement yet.

[C4:AC][Programming] Technology Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey peeps,just to let you know. I finished the tree tonight will include it in the sDK ready mod. Take a look at the screeny
    [img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3928/smactree2hb.th.jpg]

Anyone who is artistic and want to make new icons(I used the civ4 ones, let me know)

Rubin, you seem to have some hot icons on your tech tree...... May I steal them?
    Last edited by Gavin Berchler; April 16, 2006, 22:28.
    Come visit the SMAC Mod
    You can download the latest mod by
    http://code.google.com/p/civ4smac/
    Fan of the original SMAC? join us and help

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin Berchler
      Rubin, you seem to have some hot icons on your tech tree...... May I steal them?
      Of course!

Note that I only did some of the icons. I'll probably have to redo the icons and include the rest--depending on how we want the icons to look.

Comment

OMG you guys are awesome. I bow down to your collective greateness.

Comment

Thanks Rubin, I think we are done on the icons for the moment. I have stuck them into the tree and I am sure you will agree that they kinda sweet!!

Sen has given me feedback saying that it needs to be tidied up a bit. Which I agree, If someone can give me a jpg or pdf of the tech tree as it was in Smac I can match it as close as possible.

I am going to get the base facilities complete as possible before I release the SDK readiness mod beta. I am sure a lot of you will have noticed a crossover between existing civ4 projects and smac wonders.

I will be working on WORK projects for the next week and a half and would appreciate it if someone can give me a hand by giving me a SMAC Buidlinginfo.xml With the exception of the internet/great library conversion there is about a 60% correlation between the SMAC and CIV4 facilities.

If someone can use the existing wonders/facilities and give me a working xml file (at least partially complete) it would be a great help.
          The Schema I have used for the tech names is TECH_TechNAME. If the tech has multiple words the first letter is capitalised and if it contains a : or a / then that is dropped and replaced by an underscore Eg TECH_Doctrine_Flexiologgyy or TECH_Secrets_Of_Superman. Please pm me if you can help. Perhaps someone who wants to take this part on, can set up a seperate thread. Even if you give it to me as an excel spreadsheet I can merge in the changes. Just use the xml tag (eg prereq) as the field heading.
          Last edited by Gavin Berchler; April 18, 2006, 01:12.
          Come visit the SMAC Mod
          You can download the latest mod by
          http://code.google.com/p/civ4smac/
          Fan of the original SMAC? join us and help

Comment

Is that what you want?
            Attached Files
            You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
            There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Working...
            X