[C4:AC][Sounds Main]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [C4:AC][Sounds Main]

The following list of members has been assembled based on roster list and the sound files organizing thread. The members should be willing to the the sound editng/exploring.

1. Platypus Rex - platrex at gmail dot com
    2. rikperni - riccardo at plutone dot biz
    3. Cataphract887 - william at pembrook dot net

Tasks so far:

1. Elect a taskgroup leader/coordinator
    2. Finish the list of sounds in SMAC.
    3. Once again name your capabilities and interests here, so everyone (of your group) knows who can do what and who would like to do what.
    Last edited by Illuminatus; November 13, 2005, 12:49.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Here we are then!

How do we start?
    --
    BYE BYE RIK

Comment

Start with the two first tasks Illuminatus listed:
      1. Elect a taskgroup leader/coordinator
      Select the most communicative and leadership skilled (and preferably a very active guy) from within yourselves.
      I see, that your ranks are not quite big and not knowing you and knowing Cataphract887 is a bit messy , I'd propose you choose Platypus as your leader - he has already shown some leadership skills by setting up a C4DG team 'Banana' and is quite active as well (not even mentioning him being the first person to actually contribute to 'Sounds' taskgroup).

2. Finish the list of sounds in SMAC.
      See the list of the sounds made by Platypus and try identifying the sound files which he was unable to (if you, rikperni, don't feel very skilled in this task or find it utterly boring, maybe someone else can try his hand).

And I would add the third task to this list if allowed:
      3.You should once again name your capabilities and interests here, so everyone (of your group) knows who can do what and who would like to do what.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
        And I would add the third task to this list if allowed:
        3.You should once again name your capabilities and interests here, so everyone (of your group) knows who can do what and who would like to do what.
        Good idea binTravkin.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rikperni
          Here we are then!

How do we start?
          And this is actually a problem, rikperni. I don't think any of us had even considered the sound/music side of this mod. Platypus has been cataloguing the sound files in SMAC and I'm not sure what sound-related skills Cataphract has but you've essentially got a free reign here. As a professional, I would urge you to take the leading role here and develop this however you want.

Regarding interface sounds you should co-ordinate with whoever in the Art and Graphics starts work on that. My personal request is that you keep the computer voice. ("Please don't go, the drones need you, they look up to you" )

I saw you mention something about music in another post. Given the high quality of music in Civ4, it would just be incredible if something of that experience could be present in this mod. That would be above and beyond the call of duty though and I don't think any of us could expect of you.

Many thanks for joining us.

Comment

post updates to the database here?
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro

And this is actually a problem, rikperni. I don't think any of us had even considered the sound/music side of this mod. Platypus has been cataloguing the sound files in SMAC and I'm not sure what sound-related skills Cataphract has but you've essentially got a free reign here. As a professional, I would urge you to take the leading role here and develop this however you want.
              Uhm... Yes I can assume the leading role, but only if nobody else (with more time to devolve to the project and with better communicative skill) will candidate himself as leader..

Regarding interface sounds you should co-ordinate with whoever in the Art and Graphics starts work on that. My personal request is that you keep the computer voice. ("Please don't go, the drones need you, they look up to you" )
              not a problem!

I saw you mention something about music in another post. Given the high quality of music in Civ4, it would just be incredible if something of that experience could be present in this mod. That would be above and beyond the call of duty though and I don't think any of us could expect of you.
              Well, we can assign music as a secondary objective, but I think we can do that

Many thanks for joining us.
              No, it's me to thank you for accepting me in this community
              --
              BYE BYE RIK

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                post updates to the database here?
                Yes I think
                --
                BYE BYE RIK

Comment

Well is there any progress?

Comment

here is my newest question

should I include the word text in the database
                    Attached Files
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Looks good, but I don't think you should concern yourself with adding text. We know the text for most of interludes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                        here is my newest question

should I include the word text in the database
                        This will be very usefull if we have to re-record all the speech; but... do we have to?
                        --
                        BYE BYE RIK

Comment

Working...
                        X