Need help with custom faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
    You can only have 8 members from a set of faction abilities (you can have any number of members from the other set). This restricted list is:

Specified free tech (TECH, Ecology)
    FACILITY
    FREEFAC (SMAX)
    UNIT
    SOCIAL
    ROBUST
    IMMUNITY
    IMPUNITY
    PENALTY
    FUNGNUTRIENT/FUNGMINERALS/FUNGENERGY
    VOTES
    REVOLT (SMAX)
    NODRONE (SMAX)
    FREEABIL (SMAX)
    PROBECOST (SMAX)
    OFFENSE (SMAX)
    DEFENSE (SMAX)

You are way over this limit.
    So, what do you suggest I change/get rid of to better simulate the faction i'm trying to create?
    Be nice or I'll nuke you. ;)

Comment

Just set native life to "high" and crank up global warming to 100 or 1000 times normal in alphax.txt.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Removed because I'm an idiot*
        Last edited by gkclarkson; November 21, 2005, 13:52.

Comment

Might want to edit that Greg, you're actually exactly wrong.

This was the AC-Creation forum where all SMAC modding efforts took place. Just because the C4:AC has hijacked most of the first page doesn't change that.

Comment

Exactly, since we didn't get our own forum we are guests here, and we should always remember this.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Just set native life to "high" and crank up global warming to 100 or 1000 times normal in alphax.txt.
              I meant in the icebots.txt, not "alphax.txt". Plus, I don't have crossfire. only SMAC.

Comment

that section of alphax.txt that CT mentions is the same in alpha.txt
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I know, but asking about in the Icebots.txt, NOT the alpha.txt.

Comment

If you really want nukes slung about with reckless abandon, you can replace the "Mind Worm" unit entry in alpha.txt with a planet buster (of course, setting the prereq to orbital spaceflight), and watch them spawn randomly in the wild.

As to how to make a ludicrously powerful, suicidal faction, just pick some of the best facilities and grant them for free, set INTEREST to a ridiculous number like 10000, force a permanent pop boom, strip hab limits, and for the hell of it throw in TECH, 100, ENERGY, 100000, OFFENSE, 42908754329085, DEFENSE, 2139841234132412, TALENT, 1, and whatever else you want. Boom, goes the world.
                    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                    -BBC news

Comment

LMFAO
                      There is always a beginning...

Comment

Edit: nvm

Comment

If you really want nukes slung about with reckless abandon, you can replace the "Mind Worm" unit entry in alpha.txt with a planet buster (of course, setting the prereq to orbital spaceflight), and watch them spawn randomly in the wild.
                          I just did that. It makes for interesting gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                          X