ai attacking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ai attacking question

see the screenshots. the hive air force isnt 'hold' yet but it does next turn,and does not engage the univ except for a few

the S airforce is opposite a equal gaian airforce and again only a few planes actually fight. the believers have some planes in the gaian bases but they have not gone 'hold'

so how do i get them to attack?

Sparta

Hive
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Dial 1/800 -a-t-r-o-c-i-t-i-e-s

Seriously, I've run into this a LOT of times. I've even placed 1/1/1 defenders in adjacent cities, and the AI still won't attack with its jets!
    Hopefully this won't be a problem in cIV, eh?

D

Comment

i was hoping that if anyone had the answer you would dars

should be moddable in cIV. i wouldnt expect an issue like this to be to hard to fix.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
        ishould be moddable in cIV. i wouldnt expect an issue like this to be to hard to fix.
        Yah, but there are an awful lot of things to fix. Examples are the AI's using Ogie Oglethorpe's "Land Transport" (which they can't currently), as well as the AI's using naval aircraft carriers appropriately, to mention a few. To a certain extent I am hoping mod'ers can build and assign units specific directives. Example would be an A/C Carrier that the AI builds with best available armor, then sends towards the most navally inclined combat zone.

However, review of available game code should start to give us a clue as to what we will need to focus on.....

D

Comment

/me has been nervestapled...
          Last edited by Kataphraktoi; February 7, 2006, 18:49.

Comment

To make remarks like

/me has been nervestapled

use "/" + "me"

it's 3symbols total without a space between, but I can't write them to you otherwise they'd become in "binTravkin".
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

/me has been nervestapled....
              Last edited by Kataphraktoi; February 7, 2006, 18:47.

Comment

/me laughs at Cataphract.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

/me laughs back
                  Last edited by Kataphraktoi; February 7, 2006, 18:47.

Comment

Actually I think fighting system in AC might be done really much better. Presently it is too easy to destroy naval units for example. I think units might also defend as a group, not as it is now - duel between two units. Call to Power had interesting battle system.
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest
                    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                    X