Min/Max social bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min/Max social bonus

What is the minimum/maximum bonus you can have in the social categories that is still useful? For example: is +6 econ at all better than +5 econ etc.

All the stats have listed ranges, for some I assume effect past that range (Efficiency is used in some formula so any value would help at least a little, I guess)

All of the values listed in the SOCIAL section of alpha.txt are hardcoded. As for EFFIC, I do not know if there is a limit to the effect it can have in formulas, but I have yet to find one that I can remember (IIRC, I went up to +10 and still found no limit).

Comment

EFFIC is limited to some 2-digit number AFAIK, just don't know how big.
      Everything else is hardcoded and can the values can be found in the manuals.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Limits that I know of:
        Growth has no further effect outside [-3, 6].
        Effic has no further effect below -4.
        Industry is normally bounded to [-3, 5] but a value of -7 or less rolls over to 5.
        Research has no further effect outside [-5, 5]
        Econ has no further effect above 5, but seems to work fine for arbitrarily low values. The effect of X Econ, where X <= -2, is that each base loses (-1-X) energy from its base tile, *after* accounting for rec tanks, but not to go below zero.
        Probe above 3 rolls over and is apparently treated as 0. Probe below -2 has no further effect.
        Police has no further effect outside [-5, 3].
        Support has no further effect outside [-4, 3].
        Planet seems to be fully effective at any value.
        Morale has no further effect above 4. I think it's bounded below at -4, but it might interact interestingly with a children's creche.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

Thank you, this is the information I need

Comment

Planet seems to be fully effective at any value.
            Do the capture percentage change between 3 and 4?
            IIRC no.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

nope. but the % bonus stays,at least up to 70. which is what i think he was refering to
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
              X