Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to remove/adjust 'mindworm-capture limit', or last patch before that cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to remove/adjust 'mindworm-capture limit', or last patch before that cap?

Is there any way to remove or adjust the 'mindworm-capture limit' (the limit/cap that was added so you cant capture any more mindworms after you already have a certain ammount..), or what was the last patch before that cap was introduced?

I don't know about patches, but give yourself the maximum Planet you can (IIRC it's 9 like "SOCIAL, +++++++++PLANET") and go capturing them..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

No matter how high the Planet rating, the cap will still reduce the capture capability to zero wont it??

I wouldnt really want the rating to be that high at the start anyway.. the game would be kinda unplayable

Comment

well, the cap will be higher, but at some point it will definitely come to zero, yes.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Is that cap 'hardcoded' or the setting just hasnt been identified?

Comment

Everything that is not either in txt or pcx files is hardcoded.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Has completely everything contained in the txt files been identified as to what it does?

Comment

95% of it.

There is some unexpected and some not fully explained things, but generally, yes.

Comment

I know this is a huge necro. But I was looking for information about wild native capture for an entry I am planning in my next update for my Comprehensive Datalinks Update (see sig), and was wondering if anyone has a formula (or can link to one) for mindworm capture limits, or even a set of values (standard map size for various PLANET ratings) would be nice. It would also be nice to know if difficuilty level has any effect on capture limits or odds.
                  Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
                  Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

Working...
                  X