X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
    Missiles shouldn't be able to land!
    Yes, once launched...
    But of course a landtransport should be made available then that can hold missile units, but not other air units.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes, some provision needs to be made for moving missiles, but they shouldn't get around on their own, at least not as-is. Perhaps even let them hitch rides on planes, giving them truly impressive range and making them actually worthwhile. Then a Planet Buster could be a bomb (1 move air unit).
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Anyone? Please don't make me repeat my inquiry, again.

Comment

The point remains that the vanilla SMAC (and X) can't be modded efficiently for those.

For a SMAC mod in cIV however, things look better. But I think it's better to first have a SMAC mod in cIV and looking then what things can be modded further for the experience of modders will have grown exponentially.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Just try out your idea, and report your findings. Post an alphax.txt if you like what you see.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

Read http://www.civgaming.net/smac/alphaxguide_v1_3.html if you don't know how to mod alphax.txt yourself.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Sounds good to me.
                I have been thinking of another related solution for a while now. If you increase the pop. limits without Hab Complex and Hab Dome, but then disable the Hab Dome, then you have a population limit at every base, for every faction, with only minor differnces at several factions.

Comment

I find interesting ideas of no production from city, no food from recycling.

Some time ago i joined a multiplayer game, where nutrient requirement was set up at 3, not 2 nutrients for each citizen. It was an interesting experience, though we played only like 20 turns.

Removing all production from a base square is a nice way to counterbalance ICSing. Problem reappears when having nutrient satellites. I have though some ideas. And also bonus squares that can add to a base tile production.

I have to study your SMAniaC mod. Very interesting considerations.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

AntiICSing isn't included in SMAniaC (yet?).
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                    X