Duel game - Gaia vs. Hive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel game - Gaia vs. Hive

Some time ago I set up a game intended as a duel between Gaians and Hive. As the Hive is in general somewhat stronger than Gaians, Yang followers have a restriction, which is the surrounding terrain and placement. Gaians have bonuses in their territory.

I presently play this game with my friend as Hive, and although we grow in the ranking the same, I wonder, if that may be due to our playstyle. I feel, I did some mistakes at some point, the same as Gaians lacked something in the past too.

If someone may try it, especially who likes to play Gaians or Hive, I would be interested in result of this duel.
    Is Hive to much restricted?
    Are Gaians overpowered?

Game factions:

Faction 1=GAIANS
    Faction 2=UNIV
    Faction 3=MORGAN
    Faction 4=HIVE
    Faction 5=SPARTANS
    Faction 6=BELIEVE
    Faction 7=PEACE

Save starts with prompt for Gaian password. Then Hive.
    There are only these 2 human factions.
    AI moderately enhanced.
    Attached Files
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Here is something to see. The game after 80 years.
    The password for hive is: "mh"

And one more thing. Deirdre is in disguise in this game. She calls herself now Lady Sexbomb.

Important
    I would ask for no strategic comments regarding this particular game at this point. Cause some other viewpoint might give me some advantages against my friend.
    Some general thoughts are though ok. My main interest is about Hive chances in this game. Is it really too much hindered compared to Gaians or not.
    Attached Files
    Mart
    Map creation contest

Comment

I wouldn't say the Hive is that overly poweful, the Gaians can ICS crawl just aswell due to fungus for early food and they don't have the economy problems of the Hive thus making up for the lower industry.
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Lazerus, thank you for your oppinion.
        I think that majority of the players has more problems with Gaians than with Hive, in general. Something like mostly people have playstyle fitting better to Hive.
        And the more I am into this game the more I see, that the factions are not that much differentiated as for their chances to win. It mostly depends on player abilities to use what he/she has. So here I was more concerned if Gaians got too big bonus with their terrain. Yet Hive still can get Flexibility early and send colony pods out to many islands or attack other factions if needed.
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

You're asking if someone can do a H2H Gaia-Hive?

I could probably (me - Gaia, Laz - Hive).
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Only if you find it interesting. Such a game takes time. I have fierce duel with my friend now. A good school of smacx for us both.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

I'm willing to try it out, fact is my best games I play use the Gaians, they are my prefered choice.

If what you say about others having trouble with them is true, then it seems my play style thrives on them.

Hehe, seems I am 1 year 10 months too late though.

Comment

Hehe, seems I am 1 year 10 months too late though.
                That would make todays date 10th of May 2007 ?

You're only a few weeks late
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                X