No announcement yet.

SMAniaC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the psi attack is to ensure that the unit remains useful throughout the entire game.

Wouldn't know why the odds are like that. I seem to remember them working ok. Of course that may have been against unarmoured units.

Perhaps the bug is not so bad? Seems like a good way to encourage players to build some armoured units, instead of always "best attack, unarmoured".
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Now that I have finally re-installed SMAC I have to play your Mod Maniac. After all your Civ4 version is amazing, your Mod probably is too.

My faction mod should still be in downloads, Jack Herer by Desert Fox. Check it him out if file is there.
      ~Hard Core Game Addict~
      Kitsune

Game Fanatics Vault

Comment

• I know this is prob a dead thread, but is there another place to get the custom factions? I get a 404 using the link in the OP.

Comment

• Try Downloads: SMAniaC at the WePlayCiv Downloads area (you don't need to register to download). I believe this is the latest edition. (It includes new artwork; I am not sure if there have been any changes to text files from the one at Apolyton.)
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Ok, So I got the stuff for SMAniaC, but I only wanted to use the extra factions, so I moved the faction named files to my Alpha Centauri folder, and started SMAX up. I get to the last step of the Custom Map screen where you choose you're faction, and al it has is the Gaian Quote. No options for factions/game at all... What's wrong?

*Edit*
            Ok, so I went through each of the factions and found out that it was the "worm" faction that casue the window to malfunction. The rest work fine. I don't want to completely get rid of my SMAC and SMAX files in favor of the SMAniaC version. Is there a way to only do the ManiaC version now and then rather then all the time? Or does it require a seperate install of SMAC/X to do? (which I could do, just a pain since it took me awhile to get SMAX to work properly as it was.)
            Last edited by Seuloup; August 28, 2010, 09:55. Reason: Adding to post

Comment

• Originally posted by Seuloup View Post
              I only wanted to use the extra factions, so I moved the faction named files to my Alpha Centauri folder, and started SMAX up. I get to the last step of the Custom Map screen where you choose you're faction, and al it has is the Gaian Quote. No options for factions/game at all... What's wrong?

*Edit*
              ...Is there a way to only do the ManiaC version now and then rather then all the time? Or does it require a seperate install of SMAC/X to do? (which I could do, just a pain since it took me awhile to get SMAX to work properly as it was.)
              You can set things up so you can choose from among the seven SMAC factions, the seven SMAX factions and seven custom factions.

Go to the alphax.txt file. At the end of the file, you will see a section heading

#CUSTOMFACTIONS

Put in the seven custom factions you want access using the same format as #FACTIONS and #NEWFACTIONS above, i.e. list the name of the file (without extension), followed by a comma, followed by one or more spaces (not a tab), followed by the name of the file. Be sure to either use a text editor or make sure you save the file as a text file.

That will give you access to the seven custom files you list "now and then" as well as the regular SMAC and SMAX files. I hope that answers your question.

This will give you access to seven custom factions (including artwork); however, be aware SMAniaC also involves a changed alphax.txt file and the only way to play the intended version is to substitute the changed alphax.txt file for the original alphax.txt file.

There is a ModMan mod swapper (look through this thread) that eliminates the need to have two installs and will swap alphax.txt and faction files. I haven't used it because I have a Mac (I have a separate SMAniaC directory with a duplicate of the SMAX application).
              Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
              X