Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're kidding...
    No, it was not a joke.

Seems my thread has still caught some interest.
    I will periodically make writeups about things CMN can do and as I see Darsnan is around he'll probably add or correct me if I mistake.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'd welcome also more practical tips, like how to make human starting points "different but equal" and so on.

Comment

I'd welcome also more practical tips, like how to make human starting points "different but equal" and so on.
        Just sit tight and wait when I have time to write it.

Darsnan said he, together with Rubin were working on "The CMN's Manual for SMACX", so you might want to ask him at least to see the draft.
        I will probably ask him too, because I don't want to rewrite things he already has written.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I now have time to do it and will likely post some introduction next week here.

Comment

I'll read the articles for certain - seeing whereas I'm somewhat on leave at the moment, I can't help out too much, but the entire vacation thing does allow for some time to fiddle around with SMAX to find out new ways to torture players...

Comment

Re: CMN needed!

Originally posted by binTravkin
              Nowadays we have a bit of a lack of CMNs around here - Darsnan and Rubin have departed,
              Note that I will be returning to CMN duties in about a month, as I believe I have finally (after yet another 60+ hour work week) pushed the primary focus of the project I'm working on past my primary involvement. I should therefore be on the downswing side of things at work, and my involvement in our community should then start increasing again accordingly. FYI.

D

Comment

So if there are people interested, I could teach you some things if there are something you still do not know (and Im pretty sure that there are things that even Darsnan does not know yet, not talking about myself).I must also warn that there are at least two things which noone of the old CMNs (even some of them don't know) will tell you unless you've learned their respect.
                you can make that at least 3 things to aim for

spam attack!
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                X