Selfmade Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selfmade Map

I hope this is the right place to post this. I made this map for SMAX because playing on PlanetX all the time gets boring, the randomly generated maps are sometimes weird and all the maps I downloaded were not that great either.

EDIT: A small description of the map probably will be a good idea ^^
    It is a medium size map consisting mostly of one large landmass, so you can make contact with other factions pretty early. However, there are various narrow choke points, so you don't have to deal with too many neighbours at the same time.
    I added some small "landmarks" of my own and tried to design it in a way that prevents the AI's stupidity from having a large impact (i.e.: I made most of the sea continental shelf because the AI likes sea bases so much)

So tell me how you like it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mampfred; February 3, 2005, 13:58.

Re: Selfmade Map

Originally posted by Mampfred
    I hope this is the right place to post this.

It is the right place to post this. IIRC mart7X5 has been collecting maps, so maybe he will stop by later and check it out. I'll probably download it later and see what its about.

Any hints as to what the map contains/ why you generated it the way you did?

D

Comment

Took a look on your map.

Overall it's a nice continental distribution, and a good looking map.

But on the downside I have to say that there are too many area's who are simply flat. Not even a small 'hill' to break the monotomy. Mountain ranges enough, but it's the monotomy of the flatlands that irks me a bit.

For instance at the Ruins and Monsoon Jungle it comes forward quite a bit, and quite a bit of area's around the northpole.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

The map is very interesting. I agree, that it might have more hilly character at places, but this makes maybe some special element of the play, when too industrious factions cause several floodings.

The map is presently in my waiting folder ready to be moved to permanent "Single Player Map Collection" one.
        Mampfred, if you agree I will gladly include your map in the collection.

And this reminds me to finally finish polishing description files and make a release version.

Mampfred, also if you wish I can within days send to the email you provided the released version of the collection. Then you would have more maps to play on.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Well I guess you can see that I prefer to play on maps with high erosion. I feel that it makes the AI forest more, but that might just be my imagination.

@ mart7x5: Sure you can add it, and I would be glad if you sent me the collection. I just hope I can find out with which email address I registered here

Comment

Working...
          X