Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Modifying PCX files? problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying PCX files? problem

I encountered a problem when modifying the PCX files using photoshop. They appear as the actual objects but with blue backgrounds. =x I saved them as PCX files after editing, but they still appear with a blue background. Anyone know why this happens? =/

I usually work with Paint, and counter this blue background by sampling the normal background color while in Paint and refill the area around my new object(s) with it.

I recommend putting your new graphs in a copy of an existing SMAC graph file and work from there.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In Paint Shop Pro, I saved a "palette.pal" file from palette.pcx.
      Colors > Save Palette…
      Whenever I edit a SMAC/X pcx, I apply that palette (nearest color) before saving the edited file.
      Colors > Load Palette…
      Each graphics program has its own way of saving palettes from an image, so look through the Photoshop menus to find how to save (and apply) a 256-color palette.
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel. :frantic:

Comment

Working...
      X