Custom editing SE in Alphax.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom editing SE in Alphax.txt

Do any of you customize the settings to it, and if so, what kinds of changes do you make. I'm just trying to create a new SE table, just to make it a bit more interesting, and this is what I came up with. It's a bit preliminary, but I think it's well balenced as far as I can tell.

Government

Police-State, ++POLICE, ++SUPPORT, --EFFIC
    Democratic, ++EFFIC, ++GROWTH, --SUPPORT
    Fundamentalist, ++MORALE, ++PROBE, --RESEARCH

Infrastructure

Commercial, +EFFIC, +ECONOMY, --SUPPORT
    Industrial, +INDUSTRY +SUPPORT, --EFFIC
    Expansionist, ++GROWTH, ++RESEARCH, ----PLANET

Emphasis

Military, ++MORALE, ++SUPPORT, -ECONOMY, -EFFIC
    Stability, ++PLANET, ++EFFIC, --GROWTH
    Growth, ++GROWTH, +ECONOMY, -----POLICE

Culture

Neo-Aquarian, ++PROBE, ++PLANET, ++RESEARCH, ---GROWTH
    Trans-National, ++ECONOMY, ++EFFIC, --PROBE, --MORALE
    Xenophobic, ++MORALE, ++SUPPORT, ++POLICE, ---TALENT

My rationale-- I made it so pop-booming would be easier on earlier in the game, but there are also drastic consequences for doing it in the long-term.

Fundamentalism is also more beneficial, with the +2Morale instead of +1, and +2Research more readily available early on in the game. The Green choice has been moved down to the 3rd board, instead of the 2nd.

Future Society's been replaced with Culture. +2 Probe added to the Cybernetic archetype makes it more interesting, making it twice as hard to probe-rape. Trans-National is a spin-off of the global citizen/anarchistic model, and the only way to get +2 Econ in 1 swoop. War is increasingly harder to do with them, tho. Xenophobic is a quirky perspective, making war without the economic/production penalties possible, but you have 3 less talents, something never done before in smax.

Any suggestions or comments?
    Last edited by Quezacotl06; September 19, 2004, 16:33.

Have you tested the -3 Talent in Xenophobic? I thought that that couldn't be used in the faction editor...

Why the -5 police in Growth, and the -1 effic in Military?

The old Green (expansionist) +2 growth thus... and no doubt under a fairly early tech if you claim popbooms to be easier with this table.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

-5 Police is adequate I think, because it basicaly means you're a very free nation. And the people are very intolerant of wars, especialy in times of economic growth and pop growth.

-1 Effic in Military is because of the increased armaments manufacturing. It's not a real capital good, since the only consumers are artificial (governments), so using it to gain "added-value" benefits is just inflationary in the long-term. It's a more of a realistic effect than one that simply tries to balence the game out.

btw, I'm thinking about changing +1 Effic to +2 in Commercial Infrastructure, and adding another +1 Ind to industrial.

And no, I haven't tested Xenophobic yet. I'm just chose talent cause I'm a bit stuck on what I should give as a negative for it... I thought about doing research, planet, efficiency...none of them really click for me. Any suggestions?

Comment

The Talent SE category works, but doesn't show up anywhere. Its effects:

Talent < 0: -Talent extra drones, capped at how many content citizens you would normally have at the current difficulty setting. That is, 1 extra drone on Transcend.

Talent = 0: Nothing, of course

Talent > 0: Talent extra talents, with no obvious cap besides, of course, 1 talent/population. Later effects such as genejack factories and pacifism can affect this normally, of course.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

ok, thanks.

I was thinking, they shoulda really made it a catagory that shows up. If some ppl can edit the source code or something it could be like:

+3 = Extra talent per 4, extra talent per trade (ie if ur HQ is has commerce with gaians, morgans, and the hive, you get 3 extra talents)
          +2 = Extra talent per 4
          +1 = 1 less drone all bases
          0 = Standard citizens
          -1 = 1 less talent all bases
          -2 = Extra drone per 4

Just because it can be applied to the peacekeepers, the drones, and the university so easily... and facilities like the human genome project and the paradise garden can make such good use of it.

Comment

Working...
          X