Custom Factions and .mpg Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Factions and .mpg Files

Does anyone know if the .mpg-Files in the "movies" directory would be supported and played back for Custom Factions as well ?
    I have never seen any Custom Faction .mpg-Files so far.... just wondering why.

Greetings, H.Humpel
    Greetings, H.Humpel

Hmm, are you using the Linux version?

As far as I know, the mpg movies are only found in Loki's port of SMAC/SMAX and not the Windows version.

The Windows version uses the *.wve format instead.
    Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
    The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
    Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
    We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Well, that's going to make modding movies... interesting
      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
        Hmm, are you using the Linux version?

As far as I know, the mpg movies are only found in Loki's port of SMAC/SMAX and not the Windows version.

The Windows version uses the *.wve format instead.
        Jeps... using Linux here.
        Good to know there is a different file format being used.

Well, anyway... is there any support for custom factions mpg/wve-Files ??
        Greetings, H.Humpel

Comment

Have you tried replacing a SP movie with a random mpg of same resolution?
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
            Have you tried replacing a SP movie with a random mpg of same resolution?
            Not yet... wanted to check first if anyone here has made any experiences with these files before.
            Btw., as I stopped looking all the movies long ago as I thought I've seen them all, when exactly are the mpg/wve files displayed?
            As far as I know they are displayed when a faction's leader has been captured and will be "interviewed", but I don't know if the faction's (A) video file is displayed, when

(1) the faction (A) has captured another faction's leader, or
            (2) the faction's leader (A) has been captured by another faction ??

I guess (2) doesn't make much sense... but you neven know...
            Greetings, H.Humpel

Comment

Working...
            X