Support for a Tutorial!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for a Tutorial!

Hi, I've got a custom factions site, where users can submit files/pics and I create the graphics, but sounds like people wan't to learn how to do it themselves, I'm thinking of writing an in depth tute about it on my site, (I use photoshop for a living) but it will take me a while so I want to see if there's enough interested first. Also what programs do you want it written for, photoshop will be my default but if enough vote for paintshop or similar I will suss those out too
    Seeya

------------------
    –III THE NETWORKNODE III–
    Custom Factions for SMAC & SMACX
    Submit your own Faction!
    www.civgaming.net/citizens/networknode
    networknode@lycos.net
    > the networknode <
    www.networknode.org
    networknode@lycos.net

Good idea. Sometime I run into the same problems with new factions. Photoshop works for me.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sorry, Photoshop does NOT get my vote. Waaay too expensive for someone who is only doing this thing and not using it for any other purposes. I vote for Paintshop Pro.
      :D

Comment

I have PSP and would like to do that sort of thing (create graphics)
        you are talking about base grafix aren't you?

however, i am not much of an artist so it may well be wasted on me anyways.

Comment

Yeh, it will assume you have existing pics that you want to get into the game, it could go on to describe how to create some art I guess though.

------------------
          Submit your own Faction!
          networknode@lycos.net
          > the networknode <
          www.networknode.org
          networknode@lycos.net

Comment

Yeah, PSP should have all the tools you need for this. If you's like some help making psp entries in your guide lemme know. I've done most of of the effects as well as tranparencies palette editing etc..

Comment

Thanks SKiller9, I haven't used PSP, Photoshop is my weapon of choice, if you can get a tute for PSP happening, (no rush, mainly focussing on getting the indexed colour palette right for the pcx files) that would be excellent. I could concentrate on the photoshop side then. See what you think anyway,
              Thanks

------------------
              Submit your own Faction!
              networknode@lycos.net
              > the networknode <
              www.networknode.org
              networknode@lycos.net

Comment

oops!
                [This message has been edited by networknode (edited January 15, 2001).]
                > the networknode <
                www.networknode.org
                networknode@lycos.net

Comment

Eh.. I meant that I could take your entries and make corresponding entries for PSP, I doubt I have the knowlege or skills to make my own guide from scratch.

Comment

Thats fine, it will help me out heaps! PSP is the most popular it seems...
                    > the networknode <
                    www.networknode.org
                    networknode@lycos.net

Comment

Kay, just post them here or send them to lorien9@rocketmail.com
                      [This message has been edited by SKiller9 (edited January 16, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X