No announcement yet.

Smac Datalinks mod - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I do hope the mod is of some use.

HP,

Thanks for the .txt file. There may be a SmaX mod, but as I don't have the X-pack and can't find a copy of it anywhere in this damned country it'll have to wait a bit.

mark13,

Sorry for misleading you! I can see what you mean. I just meant that the files would be standardized against a copy of the 4.0 game, and not older patches or the X-pack, if the formats were any different. There are lots of :ahem: 'interesting' things not in the Smac Datalinks that the forum has turned up. And one or two it hasn't.
    "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
    - Samuel Palmer

Comment

I don't know if you're still doing this, but one other thing I noticed: the datalinks don't tell you which terrain modifications cancel each other out.

Comment

HP,

Yes, I'm still doing it, but I'm away from Smac 5 days a week now so it's slow. I'll get around to putting in some hours this weekend. Good thought, that hadn't occured to me at all.
        "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
        - Samuel Palmer

Comment

As far as I know, all you would have to put for this is:

Farm/soil enricher, something else and road.

Also, you should mention that a farm with a thermal borehole does not increase nutrient production, it remains at 0-6-6.

For ocean enhancements, kelp farm and tidal harness/mining platform.
          We're back!
          http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Glad to see that this is still in the works. It looks like I will be returning to the game once more and will need a refreasher course. Thanks guys

Comment

I thought that, as the only active topic in this forum, it was in danger of dropping off, so.....

*bump*
              We're back!

Comment

As a dogged supporter of this idea, I'll keep posting things I notice here. If you give up on it, let me know, and I'll stop.

I think the Faction profiles should be modified to report everything that's in the manual about them. Well, not everything, but at least everything that's on pages 124-127.

By the way, can you summarize what you plan to do? That way I'll know not to post anything you've already thought of.
                [This message has been edited by Helium Pond (edited November 03, 2000).]

Comment

So much for keeping it alive! You are still beavering away i take it?

Comment

Yeah, what's happening with this? Have you given up or something, Simpson? I, for one, would like to see this - it will certainly be handy if I have something to point at when explaining things!
                    We're back!

Comment

Simpson II:

So, it seems like you've probably lost energy for this. How far did you get? It's such a good idea, I'm thinking I might take it up. If you want to pass on your work to me, I'll try to finish what you started. PM me or reply here and I'll give you my email address.

Comment

Working...
                      X