Faction Editing- making use of IMM, IMP, ROB, PEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faction Editing- making use of IMM, IMP, ROB, PEN

I'm making a pair of new factions, the Traditionalists and the Postmodernists. This time, I decided to make a radical departure from standard faction design and make heavy use of the four special Socialneering functions.
    TRADITIONALISTS...(completed)
    Robust Morale
    Robust Growth
    Robust Probe
    Robust Support
    (Robust means that all penalties are halved)
    Free Colony Pod
    95% Hurry Cost
    10% PSI Bonus
    2 more pop before hab complex
    -wait a sec, a little too powerful?
    Not really.
    250% Research Cost. *ouch!*

Basically the Traditionalists are a backward thinking group that wants to restrore Old world heritage. (think approx. 1000 AD) They do accept technology, but very, very slowly.

This faction, fully complete, has full graphics files, including a new masterpiece in my series of famed base icons (a sprawling city). This time, I figured out how to get rid of the blue background- there are two versions of the purple background color, one the index, one a general color. Tampering with the pallete allowed me to ensure the correct one was actually used as the background.

POSTMODERNISTS...(under construction)
    Industry +1
    Police -1
    Penalty Support
    Penalty Probe
    (Penalty doubles negatives)
    One Free Choice of Technology At Start
    Free Recycling Tanks at Each Base
    Slightly Cheaper Research (%TBA)
    Slightly More Talent (#TBA)
    +1 Mineral for Fungus Squares
    One or two other benefits.

The Postmodernists are some new agey people who have lofty visions but dont exactly follow through on them all the time, being more interested in more tangible progress even if they won't admit it.

Yes, there will be base icons! (towers in the parks)

I've submitted the Traditionalists faction to this site, the other will follow when completed.
    When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
    When you cry, the world laughs at you.

quote:

Originally posted by FreeChina on 09-23-2000 10:32 PM
    POSTMODERNISTS...(under construction)
    Industry +1
    Police -1
    Penalty Support
    Penalty Probe
    (Penalty doubles negatives)
    One Free Choice of Technology At Start
    Free Recycling Tanks at Each Base
    Slightly Cheaper Research (%TBA)
    Slightly More Talent (#TBA)
    +1 Mineral for Fungus Squares
    One or two other benefits.

Is this meant to be some sort of super-faction? If it is, then great job, but no human will ever be beaten starting with this lot!

Top industry, top research, talents rife, and one or two other benefits! Surely if they don't tend to carry out their ideas they should get -1 Industry, or even -2.

Maybe +1 Energy in fungus, to fuel these lofted ideals. There isn't too much point in Penalty Probe, as -4 is the same penalties as -2. The support I like, as it would make democracy virtually unplayable (each unit costing 2 to support - ouch!)

Maybe some sort of attacking penalty, as they seem qute isolationist (or even -1 Morale, as it has a similar effect).

-1 Growth (to hurt pop booming)? This could compensate for the Recycling Tanks.

If it was the intention to create a super-faction, then great, I just thought that, from a gamer's point of view, they were a teensy-weensy bit powerful!
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Well, yeah, it's only under construction. I went back and changed some things. The probe penalty is now a flat -2. -1 Industry is now Penalty Industry. This combined with Penalty Support ought to make for an interesting situation. The research bonus is eliminated. Morale is also taking a small hit to compensate for some of the other benefits.
      When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
      When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

Working...
      X