Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating new 3d units and SMAC 2, cry to Firaxis

does anyone have the link to the page with
    the app and the plugin that let's you convert the 3d max files to SMAC object's format? It cost about $700 last time I checked it, maybe they're giving it away for free now

and why oh why don't Firaxis give us the ability to completaly modify their game without all the pains? because their next game, SMAC2 will be a lot like this one... I mean for christ's sake you released the add-on... give us the tools... (unless they did, since I haven't been involved in SMAC for months, then my bad...)
    [This message has been edited by onepaul (edited May 15, 2000).]

Well, to my knowledge SMAC2 has come out, that's old news: it's called SMACX. And they do give you improved faction modification tools, but only for the .txt files. No new tools for graphics or sound.

And the caviar plug-in for 3D Studio max is still not free. Just so you know. It's a bummer, I know. Maybe I'll be the first to get my hands on a copy and create something for SMACX sometime this year, through my job. And then we'll see what is possible to cook up for SMACX, eh? Maybe some custom chassis for the SMAC: Space! Mod I'm planning for later this year, who knows.

Comment

Working...
    X