• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal-- How about...

+2 Research
    +1 Industry
    -2 Planet
    -1 Growth

I think that would be OK. The -1 growth makes you grow a bit slower and makes the pop boom a little harder. As far as aversions go, I think Green might be more realistic (who uses Fundy, anyway?). That way you actually suffer from the -2 Planet, which can really kill you late in the game (and make for frustratingly long turns of mind worm attacks).

Comment

I have to say that I really liked the idea of the extra drone penalty for this faction. Not because of any balancing reason, but because it really fits with your theme of the megatron model. It doesn't matter what version he is, he always has problems with a section of his people being disloyal. Starscream, those spider guys, Tankor, you name it. Heck, they threw him from astrotrain in the middle of space and then fought over who would rule. And if Rumble isn't the very definition of drone (and he's one of the loyal ones) I don't know what is. Please add that back in, even if it is a little unbalancing. I't wouldn't be the decepticons without it.

Comment

Are we talking about the Decepticons here or what?

In that case you will need the Autobots as well to be there arch enemies! Like the two Alien factions. Now what was that good guy's name again? Something Prime? Begain with an O.

Oh those loveable eighties !
        Your Ma's your Da

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by sunchaser3 on 04-13-2000 01:20 PM
          I have to say that I really liked the idea of the extra drone penalty for this faction. Not because of any balancing reason, but because it really fits with your theme of the megatron model. It doesn't matter what version he is, he always has problems with a section of his people being disloyal. Starscream, those spider guys, Tankor, you name it. Heck, they threw him from astrotrain in the middle of space and then fought over who would rule. And if Rumble isn't the very definition of drone (and he's one of the loyal ones) I don't know what is. Please add that back in, even if it is a little unbalancing. I't wouldn't be the decepticons without it.

Wrong!

I'm not talking about the sick ugly pathetic little Megatron from G1, I'm talking about the noble, strong, powerful, and victorious Megatron from Beast Wars and Beast Machines.

quote:

+2 Research
          +1 Industry
          -2 Planet
          -1 Growth

When I am able to get back on my own PC and be able to play SMAC, I'll try these out - sounds good to me.
          It's a CB.
          --
          SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

O.K. Let's talk about drones and the "noble" beast war/machine Megatron. It only took one episode for Dinobot to think he was the better leader and switch sides on Megatron, the essence of drone. Then along comes those spiders. The tarantula one tries time and again to accomplish his own agenda, often at the expense of Megatron's ultimate goal, and Black Aracnia, yep it happens again, ends up switching sides on him. Other members of his squad are just plain useless, ( Waspinator for example ) or are easily fooled, like that scorpion/cobra guy who threw in with the dronish spiders once just so he could do more "smashin". Let's move on to Beast Machines. Megatron gives sparks to three lieutinants, and almost immediatly they start to fight among themselves. Tankor ends up switching sides after he realises Megatron is going to take away his spark, and Megatron has to pull him back with some sort of virus. Then we find out Tankor is Rhinox. He fakes his own death and starts his own hidden agenda and even gets Megatron's secretary droid thingy to throw in with him. I mean Megatron programmed that thing himself. My point, the name Megatron comes with drone problems, no matter what form he is in.

Comment

Of course we're talking about the incompetant imbecile Megatron from BW/BM, and not the Megatron from the old cartoon, the one true Megatron.

------------------
              MJ's Web Empire
              MJ's Home Page.
              Reviews site
              Discussion Forum for Civ, college talk and general discussion.
              Civilization Empire SMAC, Civ2, CTP.

Comment

Of course even in the original (and Best ) transformers Starscream (Megatrons second in command no less.) was consantly sceaming aginst him. Megatron even had to have him destroyed in the movie for betraying him.

Comment

I totally forgot this thread, and before I get into the faction because I need to test it a bit more -

Megatron Beast Wars/Machines won many times. G1 Megs didn't.
                  It's a CB.
                  --

Comment

That's only because BW Meg didn't have to face of against the real Optimus Prime. Also, the decepticons were always outnumbered on Earth in G1. There were originally like 17 Autobots, plus the people of Earth, against 12 decepticons, and that's counting that reflector guy 3 times. It's amazing to me that Megatron got as much accomplished as he did. In BW, it was pretty much even, and in BM it is obvious that this Megatron can not be victorious even with a clear tactical advantage. The G1 Megatron could take down the BW Megatron with barely an effort. He is the ultimate weapon.

Comment

quote:

That's only because BW Meg didn't have to face of against the real Optimus Prime.

Beast Wars Season 3 - BW Megs won and defeated Prime inside Primal.

quote:

Also, the decepticons were always outnumbered on Earth in G1. There were originally like 17
                      Autobots, plus the people of Earth, against 12 decepticons, and that's counting that
                      reflector guy 3 times. It's amazing to me that Megatron got as much accomplished as he
                      did.

He didn't take over earth.
                      He barely took over Cybertron till Unicron.

quote:

In BW, it was pretty much even, and in BM it is obvious that this Megatron can not
                      be victorious even with a clear tactical advantage.

Using Drones. If he didn't use drones...

quote:

The G1 Megatron could take down the BW Megatron with barely an effort. He is the ultimate weapon

The BW megs knows all about the G1 one - he managed to steal G1meg's spark!

I'll post about the faciton more I have to go more testing
                      It's a CB.
                      --

Comment

Does one need SMACX to use the Free Ability thing? If not, would it be overpowering to have Polymorphic Encyption as a free ability?>
                        It's a CB.
                        --

Comment

Working...
                        X