Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New faction - please comment

Hello,

Please share with me your thoughts on the following faction information.

^+2 SUPPORT: {Highly militiarized taskforce}
    ^+1 MORALE: {Emphasis on extensive training}
    ^+1 POLICE: {Strong dedication to mission}
    ^-2 INDUSTRY: {Expensive training and equipment}
    ^-1 ECONOMY: {Poor long-term economic planning}
    ^{May not choose Power value}
    ^{Knowledge of applied physics}
    Possibly going to add a penalty for choosing Police state.

My overall goal is to create an 'honorable' conquerer type faction, which focuses it's efforts mostly on persons like Yang, Miriam, and Santiago. I plan to make the faction's ideology Democratic, and the anti-ideology Power. I am hoping this will manipulate this faction (when played by the AI) into tension and eventual war with anyone who does not choose the democracy and anyone who chooses the power SE choice. Does anyone know if this will work? Any comments on how to bring this idea about? Also, I realize this faction is somewhat bland in the end; can anyone give suggestions on how to make this faction more intruiging while holding the previoulsy mentioned ideals?

Thank you in advance.

Looks like a twist on the Spartans... but it's a good twist. It's balanced, maybe even underpowered.

Factions naturally get into wars with other factions that don't like the SE choice they love. So, if they love democracy, they'll hate police staters and fundys.
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Whenever looking at positives and negatives in SE bonuses or penalties, there is never a 1:1 corolation, because some social factors affect the game more than others. I can see your -1 ECONOMY and -2 INDUSTRY far outbalancing the +2 SUPPORT, +1 MORALE, +1 POLICE. Support is great and extra police are always a boon to your Psych rating, but the +1 MORALE is the only powerhouse in the positives here. Say, the -1 ECONOMY negates the +2 SUPPORT and the +1 POLICE. That leaves a +1 MORALE counterbalancing a -2 INDUSTRY, which is really crippling.

My advice is to reduce the -2 INDUSTRY to -1 and give them an extra tech like Social Psych, or keep the negatives and give them Free Prototypes.

Comment

Working...
      X