bio-scan pics, can I change these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bio-scan pics, can I change these?

I just realized that in the custom SMACX faction I have been working on, that when I used the faction editor I used Diedre as the.. 'template' on which I overwrote my faction. As a result, my new faction has the little pictures of 'Deidre's Life' down on the bottom left of the screen by the useless 'bio-scan' during the game. Is there anyway I can change 'Diedre's Life' with that of another faction or am I going to have to retype the whole faction on to another 'template' to change these pics. (yeah, I am some what of a semi-perfectionist)
    More advanced question: can these pics be customized? or even deleted totally?

------------------
    "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Bblue, the bioscan pics are in the *.flc files. Just copy another factions .flc file and rename it to your faction's (same name as the .txt and .pcx files). But beware, each time you pick a new graphic set in facedit it will reset to that faction's.

I have no idea how you edit them as I never heard of a .flc file before. But as far as I am concerned, as long as they are not completely clashing with your leader, that doesn't really matter, does it?

Sanjuro

Comment

Just another proprietary format to frustrate us amateur game designers. **sigh**

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the help!

I know it was just a minor thing, but Diedre just didn't go real well with my male non-green faction leader.

------------------
        "Power does not corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

"Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

h e r e, d o w n l o a d p a i n t s h o p p r o 6

Comment

flc. files are animation files.

Comment

Cool now all my know factions will have this too

------------------
              -Chiron Creators-
              "http://members.xoom.com/acchiron"

Comment

Animation files -- as in a slide show like the game? Does the game determine animation speed, or the .flc file? If it's the file, you could literally put any kind of animation there...

Comment

Al, it's the file.
                  Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

And just how exactly would one create an .flc file? Anybody? Adding bioscan files to new factions would really add a new dimension to mini-mods out there, if only someone would explain how to create them and with what package.

Comment

Working...
                    X