A new use for Marine Detachment ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new use for Marine Detachment ability

Just been thinking of uses for the marine Detachment ability while brainstorming for my Babylon 5 mod (comming out god-knows-when), and I thought that it would be the perfect ability for the Soul Hunters faction. What you would do is create a unit called Soul Hunter, assigned to a new tech, say, Ether Psych:

Soul Hunter, Infantry, Psi, Scout, 1,0,0, EthrPsi, -1, 00100000000000000000000000

You would not normally be able to assign this to a land unit, but by designing a basic unit in #UNITS of alphax.txt, gets around that problem. The other thing you could do is change the "000001001010" in the #ABILILITIES section of Marine Det. to "000001001011", allowing such units to be designed in the workshop (in which case you would need to change the name Marine Detachment to something else). That way you would have a land unit with the ability to capture other damaged units!

Anyone else see possibilities in the Marine Detachment Abil. for ground (or air) units?
    [This message has been edited by AlexanderIII (edited May 02, 2000).]

Ha! An awesome idea! This would go perfectly for the 'Space Pirates' faction I may create for the Star Wars mod expantion.
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Working...
    X