Morgan on the waves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan on the waves

Hi all, I have done bits and pieces of mods in the past and have been reading the post here for a while now. I find this one of the most interesting aspects of the game and with the addition of the SMACX faction Editer I have had great fun playing aruond with it.

But I have come up with an idea you guys may want to try (if you haven't already). Change a faction that already exists into a sea-faction or an alien faction (just for fun mind you) and have a go. If any one does (or has done) tell me what you think.

Your Ma's your Da

I had a similiar idea one day and I merged the Spartans and the Pirates, but the result was overpowered.

TECH, DocFlex
    AQUATIC, 0
    FREEABIL, 26 (marine detachment)
    FREEABIL, 3 (amphibious)
    FREEFAC, 28 (Naval yard)
    SOCIAL, +MORALE
    SOCIAL, -GROWTH

^+1 MORALE: {Well-armed survivalist movement}
    ^-1 GROWTH {Culture does not place high emphasis on family}
    ^Free NAVAL YARD with discovery of Doctrine: Initiative: {Skilled shipwrights}
    ^Enhancements may be built in ocean and trench squares with the discovery of Advanced Ecological Engineering: {Trained for life at sea}
    ^Sea colony pod & sea former prototypes FREE: {Advanced oceanic technology}
    ^Bonus mineral from ocean shelf squares: {Culture and technology adapted for the ocean}
    ^Marine Detachment ability FREE to all naval combat units upon discovery of Adaptive Doctrine
    ^All units can make amphibious landings upon discovery of Doctrine Initiave
    [This message has been edited by Mouse (edited April 21, 2000).]
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Have you ever tried it we a builder faction?

i.e Morgan?
      Your Ma's your Da

Comment

A while ago I seem to remember a sea-based scenario which never quite lived up to its potential because of all the SMAC 4.0 factions being land-based. On a world totally covered in sea, base production was confused and almost no one did any sea terraforming. ICS was also rampant.

Now the sea-based world scenario idea can be revisited. Just change all the factions to AQUATIC, and voila! Though the pirates may have an undue advantage even so. That would be a scenario I'd pay good money to see produced.

Comment

here's a question...can u have an aquatic alien faction? or must alien factions be land based?

korn469

Comment

That is very similar to a Marines faction I just developed. The characteristics are

+1 Morale (Military training)
            -1 Research (They are soldiers not scientists)
            -1 Growth
            NoDrone 1
            Free Amphib Pods
            Free Marine Detachment
            Techs : Doctrine:Mobility & Doctrine:Loyalty
            Agenda : Power
            Aversion : None

This is NOT an Aquatic faction

Comment

Working...
            X