Any way to force AI to forest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to force AI to forest?

Can I alter any part of alpha.txt to increase the AI's tendency to forest instead of farm?

Yes there is. Its probably not what your thinking about... Edit Alpha.txt so that the only thing that produces minerals are forests. This will pretty much force the AI to use forests.

"L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
    "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

Comment

Which reminds me... a few of the things I tried in order to make the AI better terraformers in SNAX was to have all terraforming tied to a technology except for roads and forests at the game's beginning -- farms:Centauri Ecology, solar colectors:Applied Physics, mines:Industrial Base, sensor array octrine Intelligence. What I found is that, appart from the AI building sensor arrays illegaly (SMAC 4.0), they built a lot of forests. This, I think, may be a far more workable solution to the aforementioned one.

Comment

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mines? Has anyone tried this strategy out, and if so what were the results?>>

Yep it does. And yes I have, and the results were that the AI, both your own and other factions plant lots of forests.

Andrew Toth

"L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
        "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

Comment

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mines? Has anyone tried this strategy out, and if so what were the results?

Comment

Working...
          X