What to download as a newbie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to download as a newbie?

I've just ordered the Planetary Pack and was wondering what files you would suggest downloading so that I can enjoy this game as it should be played. (there was a similar topic to this on the CTP forum for that game but I couldn't find one here for SMAC)

Any ideas anyone???

Comment

There are alot of decent downloads for SMAC/X. Among them alot of players like the SNAC modpack. (Although I personally am not very fond of it.) I've never played CTP but from what I've read on BB's SMAC is a much more balanced and well designed game (at least in terms of play ability) than CTP and the modpacks arent really essential to enjoyment of the game.

Comment

There aren't any requisites to "enjoying the game as it should be played" other than dowloading the SMACX 2.0 bug patch.

My advice to newbies is: play on tiny maps. The games go faster, and you can get more time in playing different factions and terrain -- cause there's one thing SMACX is famous for, and that is time suckage (even if it is an enjoyable time suckage). Then, when you want a taste of something different, get on the web and dowload a few scenarios and custom maps, there are some really good ones out there.

Comment

Working...
        X