Customizing What Comes Out of Pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing What Comes Out of Pods?

Is there a flag somewhere in the alpha.txt that tells the game which units can come out of Unity Pods? I've been examining the .txt, and I've tried a few things, but I can't get it to work. I posted this question in the Pokemon Mod thread, but I don't think many people are reading there. It would be perfect to make Pokemon pop out of Unity Pods. Has anyone had success with customizing pod contents?

It's in the game in the "rules" section of the scenario editor.

LoD
    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
    LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
    civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Thanks for the tip. However, that's not what I'm talking about. Those menus only let you toggle certain broad categories on and off, like "units can come out of pods," or "mindworms can come out of pods." These are all-or-nothing; all units or no units.

What I'm talking about is how to modify *which* units come out of pods. I want to create a custom unit and have it come out of a pod. If this is even possible, it would have to be through modifying a .txt file; I'm certain there's no in-game menu for it.

Comment

Try replacing the units with some test scout patrols. i.e., go into alphax.txt, copy the scout patrol line, and put it over the Unity foil,rover,chopper,alien artifact, and whatever ones you can find. Then try and see if the pods give you scouts.
        Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Or give the units the same flag as a battle ogre or an alien artifact..

Comment

Jasonian:

Yeah, that's what I'm going to try next. If that works, it's kinda sad, because it means that there's a hard limit on how many units can come out of unity pods. Basically, if that's the only way to do it, you can only make custom units come out of pods by replacing an old unit. That's no good.

Enigma:

Thanks for trying to help. Have you looked at the .txt files? The first thing that occurred to me was to try and find some kind of flag that all those units had in common. I couldn't see one, except for the fact that they all had "disable" specified in the TECH category. I tried putting "disable" on a custom unit, and switching all the other units to some real tech. It didn't make the new unit come out of a colony pod, and the other units still did come out of pods. So, if you can find out what that flag is, I'd be glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
            X