Advanced tech scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced tech scenario

I've got a scenario idea but could use some suggestions to get it going. I like standard or small maps, but I never get into battles with really advanced techs. Usually by the plane/missile/copter era either I'm dominating the world or a conqueror like Santiago/Miriam is.
    I would like to create a scenario where everyone has all the tech up to level 5. This would start you with chaos+silksteel, planes+cruisers, all SE choices except future, all forming options, among other things.
    I'd also like to see about 10 secret projects destroyed, which is all the early ones I've seen too many times.
    Otherwise, you'd start at the beginning: maybe a scout rover, unity chopper, two colony pods in your single base. It would be a whole new game, especially when you can't get your favourite early wonder (Command Nexus? Human Genome? Depends what you like, I guess)

Probelms I don't know how to deal with:
    1. Since you have about half the tech and generally one research point, your research starts at about 1000 turns.
    2. It would be great if you could randomize the starting positions like a regular game, but I don't know how this is possible.
    3. Making a scenario requires picking which 7 factions you want, I think. Maybe I could make two scenarios, same but diff factions.

I would love to hear any solutions. In fact, if anyone felt like making a scenario like this, that would be excellent.

The amount of turns between new tech discoveries is, as you have discovered, somewhat exponential. It is modified (made somewhat playable) by your tech rating and the combined mineral production of all your bases. So the only solution I see is to start players off with 5 bases, each with one borehole. That would bring your 1000 turns down somewhat.

Comment

Working...
    X