Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing the way factions act towards you

hello

i like to have my faction set on police state and with a planned economy .
    unfortunately the other factions tend to hate
    my guts for it . is there some mod pack
    that will make the other factions less jumpy
    about my social settings and concentrate more on my action / honesty / power to judge me ( and declare vendeta )?

i sure hope there is , and if there isnt
    if firaxis can make it an option in their
    next patch .

grtz from me

------------------
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
    "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."

Yeah, use the faction editior and change all of the other factions so their SE preferences are what you want. This is pretty much defeating the purpose of having various factions.

If they hate you try playing a different faction with different SE choices until you are good enough to take on everyone!

Right now I am in a game as Yang, PS/Planned/Wealth and I have yet to form a pact or treaty with anyone! And its 2350! That and Yang is just plain hated by everyone anyway, *sniff* *sniff*

Comment

This is pretty much defeating the purpose of having various factions.

i dissagree , the diffrent factions thingie is "nice" but it seems as if they are only focussed on what your social settings are instead of what you do .

sure they may disagree with my social settings , but if everything goes well ...
      i do them no harm , and i dont mis treat my people , so they should be happy , not pissed

yang is a cool guy
      it is lal and miriam who are the freaks

------------------

Comment

ok , i almost got it ,
        i have to find some way to change the way the factions behave towards me ,
        they dont have to be allout friendly
        , they just have got to be a little bit more fair

soooo ,,,
        i can edit the social priority in acedit ,
        however , is there any way that i can edit it in such a way
        that i turn the social priority on neutral ? that way , the normal priority
        will still make every faction diffrent , it will prevent them from going
        allout social freaks and judge me for running a democracy for instance .

but there is no neutral option , acedit wont accept the
        -none- selection- , and if i choose anything else , they'll no longer be
        diffrent because of their normal social priority , but they'll all be the
        same faction ( kinda )

its so damn complicated

------------------

Comment

Here's a little tip: if you want to really alter SMAC(X), don't use any tools. Get into the files themselves and start looking around.

There's a lot of data, but it is rather well documented, since they know people want to mess with it themselves. After a couple minutes, you should find the section you need. It won't take you long to figure out what you need to do to change it. After that, it's a snap.
          Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

all i can find that is of some use are the faction files and alpha.txt

in civ CTP there was loads to configure ,
            all in txt files .

smac isnt that configurable , apparantly

is there more to edit than what i have already found ? the alpha .txt aint of
            that much use ...

grtz , ucore

------------------

Comment

never mind , i already figured it out
              i put the others factions social priority on some of the most advanced , so they wont give a damn about my other settings .

that solved it.

------------------

Comment

Acctually having other factions hate you for your social settings rather than your actions is fairly realistic (I am a builder snd try to avoid fights, but get bothered by people who don't like my SE choices). After all, there was discord between the US & USSR over capitalism/communism (not to mention them being #1 & #2 in the world in power), the Israeli & Arabs over religion, and various other conflicts around the Earth

Comment

Working...
                X