Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new factions - looking for testers

Hi everyone,

I've built two new factions (details see below). They are available in English and German. Would anyone like to test them (game balance problems, editing bugs, linguistic mistakes in the English version)? I went over it several times, but you never know.

If you're interested, just send me a mail or note it down here.

Details about the factions:

1. The Chiron Cartel (= the Godfathers)
    LEADER: Patron Innocent Al-Tahad
    BACKGROUND: Egypt, Machine Operator
    AGENDA: Planet-wide Mafia net
    TECH: Applied Physics

+1 PROBE: Accomplices don't grass on each other
    +1 GROWTH: Only trust your own family
    -2 INDUSTRY: Serious nepotism
    Spider web-like connections: Free COMMAND CENTER on each base
    Black Accounts: 2% interest on energy reserves
    Extra DRONE for every five citizens: Attracts scum of the planet
    Negative impact of DEMOCRATIC politics doubled

2. The Crimson Bird (= the Artists)
    LEADER: Teacher Adelaide Pozarri
    BACKGROUND: Southern Europe, Unity Chief Librarian
    AGENDA: A new cultural dawn

+1 RESEARCH: Persuit of Common Knowledge
    +1 INDUSTRY: Solutions through improvisation
    -2 EFFICIENCY: Despise penny-pinchers
    ENTERTAINERS: Free RECREATION COMMONS on each base
    GIFTED ARCHITECTS: Free HAB DOMES after discovering "Super Tensile Solids"
    20% combat penalty on offensive actions: Aversion to destruction
    May not use POWER as social value

Note:

-> Each faction set contains one txt-file and three pcx-files. I edited all possible pictures, except for the city buildings (still working on it)
    -> Please give me a feedback about how your game went, and which were the conditions (custom faction played by human or CPU, game with or without alien factions)
    -> Players will observe that the Mafia faction usually gets into their boots very slowly. This is caused by the heavy INDUSTRY penalty and should be like that. Normally they will get stronger and stronger, just like all criminal organisations which are not faught in time ...

Bye, Claus
    [This message has been edited by Claus (edited January 04, 2000).]

Cool! I wanna I wanna I wanna!

Um...

Well, just send them and I'll check them. BTW, could you try to make third also? I want to play 14 faction game without Cult or Progenitors. I know, I know...
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

^

Comment

Yikes! -20% attack bonus!! That faction needs +1 more industry or research, pick one.

As far as the Mafia faction is concerned give them a bigger probe bonus and a BIG probe cost bonus, perhaps even -50% costs. They are good at buying out competition. This can make them be able to buy out the competition just as the gangstas did during prohibition. Did a cop see you? Give him a 20. The Mafia works by fear and bribes, the bribes could be the probe bonus.

Comment

Oh, I don't think the teacher's people need another bonus. Free Rec Commons and hab complexes is quite a large bonus already. IMHO it easily offsets the -20% attack.

Tig

Comment

Working...
          X