My Next Mod: The Forgotten Ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Next Mod: The Forgotten Ones

Now that my mod is nearing completion I am already starting to plan my next mod; The Forgotton One, which is my interpritation of the factions that were planned for SMACX but never got put in, so far:
    1. Terraformers
    2. Organised Crime Faction
    3. Cult of visitors (?)
    Anybody know of any others?

------------------
    -Chiron Creators-
    "http://members.xoom.com/acchiron"

I made a terraforming faction
    It may need some Smac-x tweaks (no I don't have it :-(

Comment

Darn near everyone made a terraforming faction... I myself have about 3, including the ULTIMATE terraformers.

If you're going fun, you might want to include the Archon, Conclave, and Labrynth. (all spelling mistakes are your fault for reading them as mistakes.)

I know not of any more "left out" factions.
      Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

The Labyrinth is the old name for the University, the Conclave for the Believers and the Archon are a very unknown faction.

(I'd like to mention that the Keepers Of Wisdom is the old name for the Human Hive.)
        Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

I am sure. In the PC Gamer sneak preview from Spring 1999 (it was published here in Finland by another magazine) they say that the Labyrinth, led by Dr. Yang (!) is based on scientific research.

Did anyone notice that the Archon logo from "newicons.pcx" is in the University towers at least in the pictures of the technology tree poster. Strange...

Comment

Dang! Yang was in charge of the University at one point? That's a scary thought....

That Archon symbol is on ALL of the University Base pictures, including the one you see when you call up the University and the downloadable windows desktop.

Comment

A new analysis:

In a topic located at "AC-General" there is a screenshot of an early Planetary Council window. It seems to be that PC Gamer guys messed up with the factions: The Labyrinth is a earlier name for the Hive. However, the Archons are the University, led by Provost Saratov, which was, at least in the early episodes of the SMAC story located at www.alphacentauri.com, a early name for Zakharov. It was then replaced by Zakharov after some Russian fans told the writer about that "Saratov" sounds very artificial.

The Keepers Of Wisdom are the Peacekeepers, just under the logo of the Hive (!) and led by Lal, as in the final version, and the Morganites still have their old logo (that vertical diamond-like symbol). Everyone else seems to be like in the published version of Alpha Centauri.

Comment

Patriqvium,

Are you sure? I thought the Labyrinth was the old name for the Hive, and the Archon was either the University of the terraformers the University replaced.

Also, I know they are the old names for real SMAC factions, but I think it would be interesting if the names were changed and they were included just for fun. Nothing fancy there. Just some cut and paste stuff.

The REAL fun would start if he went into one of the picture files and found all the old symbols, and added THOSE in with the factions. Hmm... (Heardie, if you're interested, the picture file "iface" has what I believe was the old Archon symbol, and the file "newicons" has all of the old symbols on the right, but they are small and in only green and black)

Comment

Impressive, how much those graphics have changed since the first, which weren't the uppermost in newicons.pcx, it's quite self-explanatory.

(/ONTOPIC)
                  Pretty. More Finns (like me) around here, and this time a reader of Pelit.
                  (ONTOPIC)
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hei, hei, olen minäkin Suomesta!
                    The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Working...
                    X