Beta-testers for SNAX 1.0 modpack needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta-testers for SNAX 1.0 modpack needed

I am looking for five beta testers for my SNAX 1.0 modpack.

The main features and attributes of this modpack are:
    - ICS problem solved (not merely compensated for)
    - builder game emphasised while keeping conqueror game interesting
    - expanded tech tree, 11 new techs:
    Adaptive Hydronautics (tech 24)
    Psionic Engineering (tech 70)
    Advanced Hydromechanics (tech 78)
    Doctrine: Intelligence (tech 79)
    Doctrine: Colonization (tech 80)
    Doctrine: Destruction (tech 81)
    Secrets of Genetics (tech 82)
    Ether Physics (tech 84)
    High Energy Electromagnetics (tech 85)
    Psychotronics (tech 86)
    Secrets of Hermetic Science (tech 87)
    - tech tree viewable from within the game (sub for credits page)
    - detailed tech tree Excel 97 document (will be available in additional jpeg format in final version)
    - 9 new units: Ether Sentinel, AA Missile, Stealth Bomber, Omega Former, Psi Bomb, Sealurk, Blink Beast, Horror of The Deep, Nanite Swarm
    - new weapons package: Psionic Payload
    - addition of SMAC-compatible versions of Pirates and Caretakers (replace Spartans and Believers respectively)
    - balanced original factions by modifying faction files (see help datalinks in-game)
    - made AI smarter in unit design and in playing builder games
    - and much more...

Only serious betatesters with some SMAC modpack/scenario/faction design experience need apply; sorry, no newbies for this one. Those who are already in the process of designing their own similar modpack need not apply; sorry heardie, conflict of interest. The download is 3.7 MB. Details for download will be given later.

Over the course of December we will be testing the modpack for a late December 99 release date. If you wish to participate please contact Joseph Balderson at ay527@torfree.net

Thanks, all.

I really don't have time to test much, but would you mind sending it to me so I can take a look at the features, maybe plug them in and try them....

Addendum: I was parusing the project movies for fun, and I accidently clicked on Project movie 38 I believe. Any idea what this might have done (or what it can potentially do?)
    [This message has been edited by Timexwatch (edited November 27, 1999).]
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

AlexanderIII; How did you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch on 11-26-1999 11:20 PM
        Addendum: I was parusing the project movies for fun, and I accidently clicked on Project movie 38 I believe. Any idea what this might have done (or what it can potentially do?)
        If you create an SP for the slot (in SMAX at least), when the project is completed it will play that video. The SP itself won't do anything except count as a completed SP in scoring (and, if you are playing an alien faction in SMAX, give the base +2.5 energy like any other SP).

It *looks* like a first-person video of someone witnessing a Planet Buster destroy a city, so I assume it's a leftover from game development...

Comment

I know what that is.

That is the movie "theyTrancend" from the movies folder. As the name suggests, this movie is played when someother faction completes the Accent to Trancedence before you do.

------------------
          - Jasonian

Back to the Drone mines

Destroyer of Command for the glorious PROT!

AND

Official Empath of Apolyton
          Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderIII on 11-26-1999 05:05 AM
            Not much interest heah

What is this?
            Is this how the PSI bomb works

Comment

Count me in, I have been waiting on your mod. SEND it to me dude! I have a faction file that you never commented on? I will Beta test it like crazy. I play everyday for at least 6 hours! I have my own online business lots of time on my hands!

The main features and attributes of this modpack are:
              - builder game emphasised while keeping conqueror game interesting
              - expanded tech tree, 11 new techs:
              Adaptive Hydronautics (tech 24)
              Psionic Engineering (tech 70)
              Advanced Hydromechanics (tech 78)
              Doctrine: Intelligence (tech 79)
              Doctrine: Colonization (tech 80)
              Doctrine: Destruction (tech 81)
              Secrets of Genetics (tech 82)
              Ether Physics (tech 84)
              High Energy Electromagnetics (tech 85)
              Psychotronics (tech 86)
              Secrets of Hermetic Science (tech 87)
              - tech tree viewable from within the game (sub for credits page)
              - detailed tech tree Excel 97 document (will be available in additional jpeg format in final version)
              - 9 new units: Ether Sentinel, AA Missile, Stealth Bomber, Omega Former, Psi Bomb, Sealurk, Blink Beast, Horror of The Deep, Nanite Swarm
              - addition of SMAC-compatible versions of Pirates and Caretakers (replace Spartans and Believers respectively)
              - balanced original factions by modifying faction files (see help datalinks in-game)
              - made AI smarter in unit design and in playing builder games
              - and much more...

Only serious betatesters with some SMAC modpack/scenario/faction design experience need apply; sorry, no newbies for this one. Those who are already in the process of designing their own similar modpack need not apply; sorry heardie, conflict of interest. The download is 3.7 MB. Details for download will be given later.

Over the course of December we will be testing the modpack for a late December 99 release date. If you wish to participate please contact Joseph Balderson at ay527@torfree.net

Thanks, all.

------------------

Comment

We currently have three people on our betatest team. It's not too late to join yet. testing period will be the month of December and perhaps January before its release on SidGames and Apolyton. Any who wish to join can contact me at

ay527@torfree.net

Thanks.

Comment

You are aware that "Sealurk" is a unit in SMACX, and not new, correct? You didn't come up with that one!

On another note, I'm interested in a "PSI Bomb." Hmm... what fun.

Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

I did not come up with the name "sealurk" nor the graphic I use, however the ability to use a similar unit in SMAC 4.0 IS new, and that's why it is mentioned as new. I would never dream of passing off another's work as my own.

Comment

Working...
                    X