No announcement yet.

Graphics: Okay, what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics: Okay, what am I doing wrong?

Okay, I've got Alien Crossfire...
    For my new faction, I'm using the Cones bases file, and I've edited it in Corel PhotoPaint Select Edition (came with CorelDraw Select Edition, a free mail-in offer with my printer).

Anyway, the pink of the background surrounded the bases with blue squares -- but the yellow -grey properly worked as a "shadow" effect. I've replaced all the pink with the yellow-grey, and now my bases are just surrounded with a darkening effect, so it's playable.

But how do I get the pink to work? I've tried loading one of the original SMAC faction PCXes, saving the pallette, and loading the pallette for the cones file. I've tried using the cones file without adjustment. I've tried pasting the cones bases into a original SMAC faction file and making sure the pinks were the same ones. I've tried pasting the cones bases into a SMAX file -- the pink autoconverted to the SMAX file's purple, but it still came up as blue when I used the PCX file.

So, WHY does the yellow-grey work but not the pink? Why won't an unchanged cones file work right? WHAT CAN I DO?

Steven Ehrbar

I don't know if this will work with photopaint, but in paintshop pro, I made the base icons a transparent selection with the background as the transparent color. I then copied it and pasted it it into my faction file. And that background didn't appear during the game.

Comment

I donno about Photopaint or Paintshop Pro, but for another, free way of doing it without buying any extra software, see the November 02 thread titled "Creating palette-safe .pcx files without Photoshop!!!"

Comment

Working...
      X