Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Crossfire and Faction files

Hey,
    I need a respoonse from someone. Has anyone tried to load a faction file since they have installed Alien Crossfire? The option is gone! I installed SMACX as suggested into the SMAC folder. Looks like, if your a person who likes to load alternate factions file to play as or with, forget it! You now have to replace faction files to use in a game. I can not beleive that I am the only one that has found this to be a problem????????????

------------------

Um... it's in the instructions for the Faction Editor included in that little installation guide pamphlet.

Simply load the custom faction you had into the editor and save it. It will ask you if you want to add it to the list of factions. You can add up to 8 factions. Add it to the list and it will show up.

The main problem is you can't bring your graphics files into the game, although it seems to say that you can modify the graphics files after you choose one with the Faction Editor.
    |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Hmmm, thanks, I never found any docs on faction editor. Still it is not convenient as it was before. My faction I created was going to be featured in a magazine. I am not really done with it. Mark will be putting my 1st version up. I need to be able to quickly load up that faction file, and 2 others which I was making a scenario out of. Depicting the whole drug war being reversed on Alpha Centauri, and how factions react to it. Really interesting, better than I am making it sound here.

Thanks for letting me know that. I must be blind!

Originally posted by Sinapus on 10-24-1999 11:02 PM
      Um... it's in the instructions for the Faction Editor included in that little installation guide pamphlet.

Simply load the custom faction you had into the editor and save it. It will ask you if you want to add it to the list of factions. You can add up to 8 factions. Add it to the list and it will show up.

The main problem is you can't bring your graphics files into the game, although it seems to say that you can modify the graphics files after you choose one with the Faction Editor.

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X