• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concepts.txt - #ADVCONCEPT2 - help remove fungus

edited for readability

#ADVCONCEPT2
    The ecological damage formula is complex:
    (1) For each base total the number of MINES, SOLAR COLLECTORS, FARMS, SOIL ENRICHERS, ROADS, MAG TUBES, CONDENSERS, MIRRORS, and BOREHOLES.
    Items in squares which are actually being worked count double.
    (2) Add an extra +8 for each Borehole, +6 for each Mirror, and +4 for each Condenser.
    (3) Subract 1 for each FOREST.
    (4) Halve if base has TREE FARM, and Eliminate if also has HYBRID FOREST.

(5) Divide this value by 8, and reduce by up to 16 plus # of previous damages. Set this number aside.
    (6) Take the number of minerals produced this turn (but not from Orbit)
    (7) If result from 5 was reduced by less than 16+#, reduce result 6 by remaining amount.
    (8) Divide minerals by 1 plus # of CENTAURI PRESERVE, TEMPLE OF PLANET, NANOREPLICATOR.
    (9) Sum the values of (5) and (8), and add +5 for each major ATROCITY.
    (10) If Alpha Prime is at perihelion (20 years out of every 80), double your value.

Ecology% = (ValueFromStep10) * Difficulty * Technologies * (3-PLANET) * LIFE / 300

Difficulty = Normally 3, but 5 on two highest two difficulty levels.
    Technologies = Number of TECHNOLOGIES discovered
    PLANET = Social Engineering PLANET value
    LIFE = Native life level (1-3) from Custom Start

Ecology% = (ValueFromStep10) * Difficulty * Technologies * (3-PLANET) * LIFE / 300

The Hybrid Forest will elminate the eco-damage from all terrforming improvements, so parts 1-4 will eventually equate to zero. This equation suggests that as mineral production increases and as technology increases, eco-damage will also increase.

I want to change the equation. For those who are programming savy. I want to change the pointers of "(ValueFromStep10)" and "Technologies" so the equation looks like this:

Ecology% = LIFE * Difficulty * LIFE * (3-PLANET) * LIFE / 300

This would make the appearance of fungal pops based solely on your map customizations and your PLANET rating. At most your Ecology percentage would be 2.7% and at minimum(which is where mine would be) it would be 0.01% making fungus rare indeed.

The problem is that I dont know which file holds the equation that calculates the eco-damage when the game is running. If anyone knows, I sure would appreaciate the information. thx =)

as far as I know there isn't a 'pop' variable, only a frequency of global warming variable in alphax.txt or alpha.txt.

Would be clever though!

I'm looking to collate Ned's ecodamage article from time ago for my helpfiles which are customized already. This will be a late add-on for Aldebaran. If anyone would like to write this up sooner, that'd be nice. Should include standard link stuff, as is modeled in conceptsx.txt so you can click to various subtopics, etc..

-S
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Working...
    X